Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in current time. Thanos has arrived and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has three Infinity Stones--Reality, Power, and Soul; can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

7/1/18
Big day at Heroes Reborn! Our new monthly roundup has been posted here, our new activity check is here, OTM nominations/voting can be found here, we've begun our Infinity War event, and we hit 10,000 posts on the board! Told you it was a big day.

6/17/18
Sign ups for our Infinity War have begun! Please post to there ASAP if you are interested. Thanos will be here soon.

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Icky and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of Caution,. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of RPG-D. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current time is
June 6, 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply
New Poll

The dogs of war let loose are howling, Tag: Dum Dum, Fury
aka god of war
by Calico Jack @ Jun 24 2018, 03:15 PM
May 19th, 2018
@Timothy Dugan, @Nick Fury

How eighteen years had passed so quickly didn't come as much a surprise to Ares as it might to another. He had seen centuries fly by and felt like he only blinked once. Yet, these past eighteen years had been different. He had raised his son and in that time he found there was something in him that was more than just a savage dog of war. Alexander had brought out a part of him that he would never forget even as he had seen his boy drive off to start his time in college. Having done everything he could think possible to ensure that his son was ready to face anything that he may face in the future, he had to trust his son to make his own way. Of course, that didn't mean he didn't worry about his boy even if he had taught his son to fight and be as tough was possible for him to do in just eighteen years.

His son's path was something that he had to watch from the outside now though as he had set himself back on an old one of his. His talk with Fury had only confirmed the rumors that he heard that someone and something bad was coming to the planet. In the past, he wouldn't have cared, but now that Earth was his home and his son was here ... he had plenty of reasons to care. So when Fury talked about him coming in on a project where his particular skill set of old would come in handy, Ares had nodded at the idea and said yes. After assuring that the house and all the other matters related to John Aaron were taken care of, Ares stepped into a role he had not thought he would be doing so soon.

This time though, there was a slight twist on all of it as he saw it. He wasn't going to fight as a weapon of mass-destruction for people that would look down upon him. No, he was going to be fighting for a cause that had a purpose and was more like tactical striking than wholesale slaughter. Today was the day that he got to meet the man that was going to be his commanding officer out in the field. Ares knew the man by name and also remembered him from the days of the last great war fought on this world. While Dum Dum hadn't exactly been on that fought in a way his previously followers had, the man was still a well seasoned soldier and Ares could respect that about the man.

Walking through the Playground on the way to briefing room he was meeting Dum Dum and Fury in, Ares knew he stood out due to both his height and the fact that he was dressed more like a biker right now and not anything like the SHIELD operatives that filled the place. As he walked into the room, the first thing he noticed though was the hat the guy wore as he grinned at that while saying.

"Nice hat ... you must be Dugan ... or can I call you Dum Dum? Not sure how all this SHIELD protocol works yet."
Cosmic
2000+ years
6'6
species
Olympian god
occupation
architect, god of war
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Dum Dum Dugan
by Mae Day @ Jun 28 2018, 07:50 PM
Timothy Aloysius Cadwallader Dugan, better known as Dum Dum, absentmindedly smoothed a hand over his moustache as he assessed the situation before him. The objective was simple. He was to take down the enemy using as few resources as he possibly could and considering the set up, the best way to accomplish his goal would be to do so by bringing the structure down around their ears. It was a difficult task for sure, but not an impossible one.

Narrowing his eyes, he took in the location of his targets trying to calculate the best trajectory.Decision made, he lined up his first shot. He only had a few chances to get this right. If he messed this up it would set him back. One small flick of his finger sent the brightly coloured projectile flying at the precariously made structure; part of which collapsed in amist a cloud of feathers. However, the small round green pigs contained in the badly constructed structure remained unharmed. Grumbling, Dum Dum lined up the next bird and sent it flying. This time the bird did substantially more damage causing the pigs to disappear in satisfying puffs of smoke. However, they weren’t enough to save him. Once he exhausted all the remaining birds the king pig appeared on the screen mocking his attempts.

He had gone through this level seven times now and was no closer to passing it. Cursing the the game developers, Dum Dum made himself more comfortable; swinging his booted feet to rest on the table before he restarted the level again.This was the last time he inquired about an app he saw a trainee use.

His attention was dragged away from the small screen in his hands at the sound of the door opening admitting a man Dum Dum was not familiar with. However, it seemed as if the man sure knew of him. ”Thank you,” He said grinning broadly. Obviously, this was a man with good taste. ”Dum Dum, please. That’s what everyone calls me anyway.” While Dum Dum was technically his SHIELD code name, it had originated as a nickname from his army days. ”I’m afraid I don’t know your name.”
SHIELD
105 years
6'1"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
SHIELD Agent
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Director
by Aech @ Jul 11 2018, 12:58 PM
Building a team was not a terribly quick process, but Fury had found himself two members already. A third potential candidate would be arriving tomorrow. Finding enhanced individuals was considerably more easy these days than it had been during his initial phases of the Avengers Initiative. Videos went viral more quickly on the internet, and identities were easier to find. Not to mention, thanks to that very same team he’d begun building ten years ago, some enhanced people were more willing to put themselves out there for the cause of good.

His first member had been the easiest find, of course…. Timothy Dugan, his old CIA partner, and one of the longest running SHIELD agents to date… There were few people he trusted more than old Dum Dum, and so the position of team lead had been secured. Ares had been a more difficult find, though as a literal god among men, it wasn’t hard to see why. The man had already proven to be a solid asset, though, and for that Nick was thankful.

Doreen Green, however, had caught Nick’s eye awhile back during her stint with a team called the Great Lake Defenders. Nick wasn’t entirely sure what her powers entailed, only that she was strong and seemed to have some kind of sway over rodentia (namely squirrels, as her moniker Squirrel Girl suggested). Now that she was here in New York, he thought perhaps it was time to make the young woman’s acquaintance.

For now, however, the other two members of the team needed to be introduced to one another…

Stepping into the conference room, Nick glanced at the two men already within and smiled a little. Good, they could get right down to business. He excelled at small talk, but it wasn’t exactly his favorite thing in the world. His good eye shifted down to the colorful game currently occupying Dugan’s cell phone screen and the smile on his face widened ever so slightly. “Yellow to the second joint of the first structure will bring it down. Black to the base of the second. Red to topple the remnants near the far end,” he instructed, before turning towards the second occupant.

“Ares. Good to see you. Glad you could make it.” Offering a hand out to shake, he nodded to the god of war before motioning towards the table and the chairs around it. He chose the one at the head of the table for himself, adjusting the tail of his trench coat before dropping into the seat. “I’ve got an appointment with another potential candidate for the team tomorrow, so I thought it might be time to get some introductions underway.”

Turning towards the man with the bowler hat, Nick held his hand out across the table, motioning towards the deity. “Dugan, this is Ares. You may have heard of him from the many legends of Olympians he stars in.” Shifting so that his good eye could see the god of war, Nick shifted his hand towards the mustached ginger. “And Ares, this is my old friend, Timothy Dugan. He’ll be the commanding officer in the field for the Howling Commandos. Any questions so far?”

----------
@Ares
SHIELD
66 years
6'1"
species
Human
occupation
Shadow Director of SHIELD
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka god of war
by Calico Jack @ Jul 15 2018, 01:29 PM
@Timothy Dugan, @Nick Fury

Not one to argue with what someone wanted to be call, he wasn't sure if he would be content to have people call him something like that. However, Ares was sure there was a story with the name. Whatever it was, they could probably have it over some drinks at some point once they got out the official setting. After all, he doubted if they would have appreciated him bringing a couple bottles of jack into what was supposed to be an official meet and greet. Not that he saw an issue with it, just that they would probably have an issue with it all. None the less, he didn't have to be rocking the boat any for a dumb reason like that.

Nodding at the man's response, Ares looked over as he saw Fury come in. Like any true general, there was an air about the man that said he was the one in charge. That was something that he could respect about the one-eyed man. Offering a slight in greeting to Fury, Ares grinned as he heard a reference to something his son liked to play as he said.

"My son tried to get me to play that angry bird game ... I went through four phones before I decided the game wasn't for me. Also, how could I miss a chance to fight and do something beneficial for once. This way I get to do what I am good at and people actually like the results"

The understanding the Dum Dum was in charge was as easy one for him. Sure he could fight and even lead if he needed to. However, he wasn't the tactics guy. No, he was the guy that you pointed at someone or something and go.

"He is is charge and I am here to fight ... easy enough to understand. This other person, anyone I might know? I mean I like meeting new people willing to fight, but meeting old friends that have survived the fights from before is even more fun."
Cosmic
2000+ years
6'6
species
Olympian god
occupation
architect, god of war
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Unmade JLUnited Shine Candyland Couture Shadowplay GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban Radioactive Deviants Aeipathy Kingdom of Khandor  Hiraeth Centuries