Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in current time. Thanos has arrived and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has three Infinity Stones--Reality, Power, and Soul; can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

7/1/18
Big day at Heroes Reborn! Our new monthly roundup has been posted here, our new activity check is here, OTM nominations/voting can be found here, we've begun our Infinity War event, and we hit 10,000 posts on the board! Told you it was a big day.

6/17/18
Sign ups for our Infinity War have begun! Please post to there ASAP if you are interested. Thanos will be here soon.

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Icky and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of Caution,. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of RPG-D. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current time is
June 6, 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party, Tag: Ororo, Johnny, Parker
aka Dazzler
by Aech @ May 31 2018, 07:08 AM
May 23, 2018
Afternoon

The protest was going fairly well, Alison thought. With her microphone, she'd managed to start a few fun chants, earning smiles from the other protesters around her. Even a few of the anti-protesters seemed to chuckle a few times when she made a particularly hilarious joke, though their faces quickly returned to frowns each time.

Everyone, on her side of the political fence or not, seemed to at least enjoy the music without quarrel.

It was during the middle of a song that Alison noticed the excess noise. Starting from somewhere a little further down the block, she abruptly stopped singing and watched in horror as the violence made its it's way towards her peaceful little nook of peaceful political protest. Part of her brain wondered just how much she looked like Simba staring down the stampede of wildebeest, but that thought didn't have enough time to take hold before she was scrabbling into motion.

“Guys! Get down!” she called to her bandmates, dragging her guitarist down as a garbage can came hurling over their heads. “What the fuck?! Who throws a garbage can?!?!” As the wave of violence seemed to reach their location, Alison pointed towards the nearby alley, sending her boys running towards the alley where their van was parked. Once they were safe, she turned back towards the jostling crowds.

Spying a familiar face, Alison hopped off the small platform and made a beeline towards the other member of her X-Men family. “Ro!” she called out, stopping beside the woman. “I think Ghandi would be rolling in his grave if he could see us now…”

X-Men
31 years
5'8"
species
Mutant
occupation
Singer/Songwriter
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Storm
by Genie @ May 31 2018, 08:04 AM
Well everything seemed to be going well, thank the goddess for small miracles. Ororo thought thankfully to herself, as she stood off from the crowd. Her bright blue eyes gazed over the turn out they received. Honestly Ororo never imagined so many people would of turned out to support their cause. People of all races and creeds banding together to oppose what many thought was an unjust law. If nothing else, it warmed the heart and Gave Ororo renewed faith in humanity. It encouraged her, and reassured her she was doing the right thing.

Even if her only contributions so far had been simply arriving, and keeping the day’s weather at a cool 70 degrees, which considering the weatherman had called for massive downpours today, was saying quite a bit for Ororo. Not that she’d ever seek any form of gratitude or praise for doing so. Not anymore anyways, though the time she sought praise for such things had long since passed. She’d come quite a bit since her ‘goddess’ days. Smirking to herself, Ororo jerk to the side as one of Alison’s catching chants caught the young woman’s attention, causing her to chuckle a bit.

“Oh I don’t know Alison…” Ororo said keeping her focus on the uncoming rioters, trying to keep a level head as everyone around them seemed to react to the panic of the moment. Steeling her stance, Ororo quickly took point of her surrounding. “I’m sure even Ghandi attended a violent protest or two in his life.” Of course Ororo had no way of knowing that, but then again she wasn’t the history teacher at the mansion.

“We have to keep this from escalating Alison. This is a protest against the SRA, were bound to have more than a few super powered individuals in the crowd. We can’t let them lash out or everything we’ve done today was for not.” Ororo called out, her tone taking on a more serious tone. Showing that despite how laxed she seemed to be about all this, she was still taking this as seriously as she should. Things were quickly getting out of hand. The goddess only knew what madness would happen before this whole thing was over. Still if there was a chance to minimize any of it, it was on them to do so.

“Sorry that your protest got ruined Alison. It was going really well too.” Ororo said encouragingly as she noted the people getting a bit carried away. With some of the rioters getting more violent, as they started to toss more than just garbage cans. “This is quickly getting out of hand Alison…”

@Peter Parker @Johnny Storm
Inactive
28 years
5'11
species
Mutant
occupation
Teacher
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Human Torch
by Marty @ May 31 2018, 10:47 AM
Sitting on the side of an apartment building, Johnny had his eyes glanced downwards at the proceedings below. With the word of a protest against the SRA being planned, it had been all hands on deck for the people in charge to keep an eye on everything that was going to happen.

That meant a huge show of force, including the Fantastic Four and many others that had signed the SRA to ‘keep the peace’ and ensure that there wouldn’t be any issues on the day’s proceedings.

Johnny wasn’t a fan of it, he’d rather stand in the middle of those crowds as a member of them, rather than stand on the sidelines like a vulture ready to strike, ready to do the bidding of the powers that be and stomp down any spark of revolution from a crowd of people that was unanimously against the regulatory hogwash that registration entailed. Every sort of person, powered and otherwise had shown up in support.

Luckily for him, it seemed like everything was going to be fine. Everything was going to stay peaceful today and he wasn’t going to have to use his powers to keep the peace.

His eyes had darted off to his phone for just a split second until he heard the ruckus, almost causing him to drop his phone down the four story building he had been sat upon.

Dropping himself off the side of the building a small spark of fire lit up in his eyes, and before he got close to the ground the flames that came from his body engulfed him. Large objects were being hurled at the band, and the first thing he thought about was intercepting it at all costs.

Blasts of heat shot from his fists, hitting the garbage cans in flight and causing them to zip off to where they wouldn’t hit anyone.

Landing parralell to the lead singer and the band, he erected a barrier large enough to hide behind. ”Don’t worry, I’ve made sure the flames don’t hurt.” he spoke over the ruckus going on, glancing back at the group, ensuring he kept in stride with them.

”Gotta say though, I’m actually a pretty big Dazzler fan!” he smiled lightly, but his features were focused and prepared for anything.

Heroes
24 years
5ft7
species
Mutate
occupation
Professional Daredevil
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Spider-Man
by Trav @ Jun 2 2018, 03:02 AM
The protests were making Peter nervous. This whole SVRA thing had been enough to tear his fragile teenage mind in upon itself. He still hadn't gotten May to sign the papers and it didn't look like it was going to get to be something that was going to happen. Now the protests? He couldn't sit at home. It was too quiet there. May had barely spoken since his first asking her to sign the papers. Patrol was out. With so many people, super powered and otherwise, focused in on one point with high tensions he wanted to be close to the action. He just hoped that Gwen had stayed away from the ticking time bomb.

In a way he supposed he supported the SVRA. He trusted in Tony. He trusted in the Avengers, they were good to him and good people. Literally the good guys in every sense of the word. So why not trust in them. They were like the sure thing bet that was always safe to put your money on...right? Then why did he still feel like he was in the middle of a war that he didn't have any sway in? These massive figures moving towards control and here he was. Your average every day Spider-Man.

The webbed Avenger was crouched on the railing of a fire escape. Overlooking the crowds from the best vantage point he could get. He always got a better perspective on things when watching from overhead. That was how he had seen the riot melding into the group of protesters and counter protesters he had been overlooking. Unfortunately thought people, when in large groups, tended to take on a very flighty sense to them. It was moments before the crowd that had been somewhat peaceful moments before were throwing punches of their own. With a sigh Spider-Man stood from his perch and shook out his shoulders.

"Can't we just have a nice peaceful riot for a change. Jeez." He flipped off into action. A quick thwip of his wrist swinging him into range of the crowd. He tried to keep above the action. Off the ground so he could keep better track of who was causing trouble and who was just trying to get out of the way. Karen was hard at work, marking perpetrators in his HUD, keeping track of them as he went to work on them. Flipping off a lamp post he shot out two quick nets of webbing catching up two men who had downed a police officer. Before hitting the ground he shot a long strand of webbing up to catch a building and carry his momentum off towards the stage that had help some entertainment. Letting go of his webbing as he reached the height of his swing Spider-Man landed nimbly next to two rather large men that seemed rather intent of crushing one another's teeth in.

"If you boys can't get along..." Spidey bound over them, grabbing the men from their collars and forcing them together. As he landed on the other side of them he grabbed the one man's hand with a quick shot of his web shooter and ran around the two men interweaving the web before kicking them over into an awkward heap on the ground.

"Then I'm going to make you hug." As he dusted off his hands he noticed a flaming figure pass overhead. The web-slinger followed suit, thwipping out a web to land lightly in the rafters as he webbed up two rioters he strung them up from the metal structure as the others met up below.

"Sorry, Lit-Man. You'll have to wait til after the civil unrest for the autograph." Attaching a thread to structure next to his victims the Spider descended down to where the others stood. Looking to the woman who had been the lead singer of the band the young vigilante shrugged. Gesturing to the riot around them.

"Ma'am. I think you should have taken that guy's suggestion of Free Bird."

@Ororo Munroe
@Alison Blaire
@Johnny Storm
Avengers
16 years
5'8"
species
Nerd
occupation
School
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Dazzler
by Aech @ Jun 3 2018, 05:03 PM
The sound of her full name summoned a slight wince to Ali’s face, but she shoved it off for the time being. Ororo was one of the most proper people she’d ever met so at least she knew it wasn’t meant as a disciplinary action like her parents had used upon her. “Yeah, but all he did was sit there…” she argued, eyeing the growing violence as it surged around them. “Pretty sure if someone came at him, he’d just take it like a vegetarian --” Her words were cut off as a small rock came hurtling towards them, and she ducked. “-- champ.”

She most certainly wasn’t Ghandi, with his eternal patience and indomitable willpower.

Ali groaned a little at Ro’s suggestion to help contain the riot that was beginning to break out. She wasn’t in her X-getup. Hell, she wasn’t even in pants. The shorts adorning her legs were short, while the t-shirt she was rocking fell down almost to the bottom of her bottoms. At least she’d had the sense to wear tennis shoes, thank goodness. The biggest problem, however, was the fact that she wasn’t public about her powers yet. And this… well, this was pretty fucking public.

“SVRA,” she corrected her friend without even thinking as her eyes swept the area for more projectile threats. Originally, it had been the SRA, but after Tony Stark and Steve Rogers had gotten involved, el Presidente had agreed to some addendums - and a name change for the law. “Eh, it wasn’t my protest. I just figured the people who came out deserved a bit of fun and entertainment for their efforts.” At Ro’s last words, Ali turned towards the woman and frowned a little. “And please, ‘Ro. Ali is just fine, I swear. No need to be all fancy schmancy with me, darlin’.”

As the first garbage can came hurtling in their direction, Ali threw herself to one side, easily avoiding the thing. More shit was being hurled at them, though, and she wasn’t sure how much longer she could continue to stay solely on the defensive. A face she’d seen on the news in recent months caught her attention then, and before she knew it, the fiery heartthrob of the Fantastic Four was alighting (ha!) on the stage beside herself and Ro. “Nice shootin’, Ace,” Ali called out, glad to have a bit of backup.

At the name of her band, Ali turned to give the young mutate an appraising grin. “Thanks. Help us get this shit handled and I’ll make sure you get an autograph. Or a VIP pass to a show. Whatever you want, dude.” Spying another familiar suited hero, Ali almost sighed with relief. With so many open heroes flitting about, she may not have to actually expose herself today.

“Everyone’s a fuckin’ critic…” she mumbled to the masked spiderling, though the grin on her face suggested there was no malice intended. “Thanks for the assist, boys. Name’s Ali, and this is my friend, Ro,” she offered, motioning towards Ororo as they continued to move towards an area that didn’t force them to play the part of lambs for the slaughter on a raised platform. “If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know…” Shifting her gaze to Ororo, she sent the woman a quick, knowing glance - silently begging her not to give up Ali’s secret for the time being.

-----------
@Johnny Storm | note: Genie has been removed, please continue without Ororo (Jinx)
X-Men
31 years
5'8"
species
Mutant
occupation
Singer/Songwriter
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Human Torch
by Marty @ Jun 9 2018, 12:12 PM
Fortunately Johnny wasn’t the only one busy keeping things from further escalating, although with just the few of them, it was an absolute mess out there and it only seemed to be becoming worse by the minute.

They weren’t with enough people to quell this blaze either, Johnny could probably scare people with some pyrotechnics, but then again, that would only cause more fear and panic, and the last thing he wanted was to put the word ‘fear’ next to his name. That wasn’t his game, he wasn’t going to start torching cats just so people would calm the eff down.

”Lit-Man?!” Johnny scoffed with a roll of the eyes at the masked hero that had zipped in using whatever crazy putty he shot out of his wrists. ”It’s ‘Torch’, Spider-Boy. Don’t wear it out.” He snapped back, he wasn’t a dick to people often, but in the current state of affairs he didn’t exactly have the time to play nice-nice with people that ran their mouth.

And for all intents, he was the senior person on the scene, as weird as that felt. He had to prevent things going from bad to worse to terrifyingly terrible. And he had to bring back all his quarterbacking skills from years ago just to have a clue how to make things better.

”I shouldn’t have snapped at ya, kid. In my fired up state I’m not really useful to start busting heads, unless we want to turn this party into a street barbeque. So maybe you can zip around and deal with the troublemakers.” he explained, his eyes darting around the scene and realizing that the kid had quite the task ahead of him with how many people were either starting fights, or fighting back.

Glancing at the blonde singer, Johnny bit his cheek for a second. She wanted to be part of this, but throwing a civilian out into the fray was a guarantee to end in tears. Even if the woman wanted to get her hands dirty, someone had to get things in order.

”Okay Ali, you can corral the civilians and get them away from the chaos. The quicker we get this crowd safely away from the danger, the quicker we can find the people who did this and knock them on their asses.” he spoke almost in a leader-like fashion, but the inexperience was obvious even then, but he had to make do, and sometimes even someone like him had to be a grown up.

Putting a short distance between him and the group, he pushed down and started hovering above the ground, a trail of fire leading away from his feet. ”Oh, and I’ll hold you on those VIP passes, Ali!” winking at her, he launched himself back into the air.

-----
Outfit | Tag: @Peter Parker, @Alison Blaire | Notes:

Heroes
24 years
5ft7
species
Mutate
occupation
Professional Daredevil
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Spider-Man
by Trav @ Jun 10 2018, 01:25 AM
The Spider-Boy hurt, that one was always a tough pill to swallow. He was pretty adamant on that part when advertising himself. That and the hyphen. So many people left out the damn hyphen it drove him nuts. Spider-man. He wasn't Spiderman: attorney at law. Where we thwip the competition. Letting go of the web Spidey flipped to land firmly on his feet in front of the others. A gloved hand waving off the 'Torch's apology.

"No harm no fowl hot-head. Since we're doing introductions I'm Spider-MAN." He coughed into a curled glove through his mask as his eye whirred shut to zoom in on the flaming man. "Call me amazing, call me spectacular just don't call me late to the angry mob. Am I right?" He held out his hand in his shtick but it was short lived as there were actual things going on. Tasks at hand that needed to be handled before he got in too many cheap shots. He looked out over the crowd from their vantage point. Accessing the situation around them as the flame soaked man offered up a plan.

It wasn't going to be a simple task, rounding up all the ruffians that wanted to scrap at the event. He'd have to pay close attention to make sure that he didn't accidently round up any innocents. The last thing he'd want to do is take away someone ability to defend themselves or escape this horrid situation. Focusing down at his web shooters the holographic display appeared in his HUD as he sifted through the options he had with shooters. Thankfully Mr. Stark had given him a lot into the way of tools to help with situations it was just remembering what he had in order to access the best way to handle the problem. Like math right? Or like a physics problem. Split webbing, web grenade, taser web...there it was!

As the other hero gave their celebrity guest a bit of direction in the coordination Spider-Man strode over in her direction. Really he was looking towards the crowd on the other side. Taking mental notes of their surroundings.

"Just leave the heavy lifting to us miss. I'll try to make you a path." He pronounced his voice as he spoke. Trying to sound like a professional though he couldn't help but adding. "For the record you were slaying it." With that he bound up into the air, his super strength carrying him easily into the rafters he had been hanging from moments before.

"Karen I need you to...."

"Already marking clear offenders for easy targeting, Peter," The A.I. spoke as little orange targets lit up his screen, augmenting his vision of the crowd.

"Sweet..." There were...a lot. But that had never stopped him before. It was just like a video game. Right? Just a great big, scary video game with permanent consequence to people's lives.

Here goes nothing...

Flipping backwards off his perch Spider-Man used the momentum to launch himself out in a quick swing in the opposite direction with a quick thwip of a web-line. As soon as he released the web she started firing off rapid bursts of webbing. Catching up the rioters that were too busy fighting one another to see the webbed Avenger before they were all tied up. Taking down a dozen or so it made enough of a dent for the citizens among them stuck int he chaos to become apparent to the Rockstar. Landing on a lamp post the Spider used the height to start firing out more webbing with pin point accuracy. Five, eight...another twelve of the assailants dropped. YES! But there were still so many and it seemed like the gaps he created were short lived. Popping out his empty web fluid cartridges he holstered them and reached for a reload.

"Man I hope i brought enough cartr-" A tingling sensation in the back of his skull alerted him to trouble and without even a thought Spidey dropped from the top of the lamp post. Grabbing onto the posts below he watched as a flurry of bullets whizzed over his head where he used to be. Looking back his eyes zoomed as he spotted a masked shooter training his gun for another shot.

Now that's a new development.

@Alison Blaire
@Johnny Storm
Avengers
16 years
5'8"
species
Nerd
occupation
School
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Dazzler
by Aech @ Jun 10 2018, 04:39 PM
A gentle breeze was the only warning Ali got as Ororo lifted into the air. She was probably on comms with the other X-peeps here at the protest and got wind of something she needed to attend to. Heh… Wind. Shaking off the amusement, Ali turned her attention to the two men still occupying the space around her. They were both heroes and very much public about their abilities. She’d by lying if she said she didn’t envy them at least a little bit for that.

Balling her hands into fists in an effort to keep her light at bay, she waited for the boys to cool their jets and get over themselves. Clearly, Fire Crotch hadn’t taken kindly to being called Lit-Man… and Spiderling hadn’t enjoyed having his manhood questioned…

Ugh, boys.

“Cool, now that y’all have put your dicks away…” she muttered, putting both hands on her hips. The garbage bin throwing seemed to have stopped for the time being, thankfully, but it was likely only a matter of time before the rioters started throwing other things. Potentially bigger things. The look Fire Crotch gave her summoned a quick scowl to the blonde’s lips and she shook her head. “Don’t give me that look. You don’t live the life I’ve led without becoming tough as balls, bro.”

If worse came to worse, she could rely on her abilities to save her ass, too. But she kept that comment to herself. Sure, these guys were heroes, but either one of them could double as a reporter for someone like that asshat at the Daily Bugle, and the last thing she wanted was the likes of him knowing her secret. If anyone, she’d prefer the Daily Inquisitor got that info because at least then she could flip to a page about the Loch Ness monster buying eyeliner at the Ulta in Queens and know that no one really believed anything in that ‘zine.

Thankfully, the young man relented, earning a nod of approval from Ali. She got the feeling leadership wasn’t his strong suit, but she wasn’t about to start bossing them around like they were her crew since she wasn’t being open and honest with them. Corralling civilians, though? Glancing down at the megaphone resting near her mic stand, a grin began to form on her lips. Yeah, she could probably do that.

“Sounds like a plan. You boys get the baddies - I’ll handle the rest. One quick and dirty crowd corral, comin’ right up!” At the spider fella’s follow-up comment, Ali shot the masked hero a wink. “Your turn to slay, Spidey,” she grinned, watching him leap a significant distance into the air.

Hot Head couldn’t leave without saying his version of a farewell either, it seemed, but this time she was on the receiving end of the wink. “Yeah, yeah. Save the world, then we’ll talk, Fire Crotch!” she called after him, grinning despite herself. What a pair of dorks. She loved them already.

There was no time to waste watching them do what they did best, however. As soon as she was alone on the stage - god, this was a little frightening - she snatched up the megaphone and powered it up. A quick press of one of the buttons sent a loud siren-like wail out over the crowd to get their attention first. Her body shivered almost visibly as the vibration moved through her, but she quelled the energy before it had a chance to be expelled. After Torchy had taken out the dudes hurling garbage cans, the area around the stage had become safe again. Given the shitstorm brewing here in front of the government buildings, though, it likely wouldn’t stay that way for long.

Putting the device up to her mouth, Ali waved at the crowd with her free hand. “Seems like some assholes have crashed our party. Let’s get the fuck outta dodge. I don’t want any of you animals to get hurt.” Her arm moved out, then, motioning towards the alley where she’d ushered her bandmates not long ago. The van was gone, which meant they were probably a safe distance from the vicinity already. The equipment they’d left on stage - a few mic stands, amps, and cords - were likely a total loss, but at least they’d saved their instruments and more importantly, themselves.

Thank fuck for small miracles.

“Stay together and don’t stop moving until you’re at least ten blocks away!” she ordered the crowd. Why ten? Eh, why not? It was just the first number she could come up with. Seemed safe enough. “And for fuck’s sake, take care of each other, yeah?” she added, watching them begin to hustle towards the relative safety of escape as the all-too frightening sound of gunshots rang out.

----------
@Johnny Storm
X-Men
31 years
5'8"
species
Mutant
occupation
Singer/Songwriter
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Human Torch
by Marty @ Jun 10 2018, 04:58 PM
With his eye in the sky, he could already see the Spider-Kid, or Spider-whatever do his business. For as much as the kid loved to run his mouth, he was doing great work at dealing with the bad guys in a good manner, and not turning them to cinders like Johnny would cause if he had to go toe to toe with the perps.

But just as it started to become a little bit better, it got a whole lot worse. Gunshots rang out through the streets and even with the help from Ali civilians were understandingly extremely frightened and started to run for their lives away from the lead slinging dangers.

This fucking nation sometimes, what the hell was wrong with people to start waving guns around at civilians?!

The spider-kid dodged the bullets almost like he was in the Matrix, but the criminals also aimed at him and he wasn’t capable of dodging the danger after all the distractions. Luckily, he was made of fire, and whilst the bullets still smarted like hell, that’s all they did, smart.

Launching himself close to the street, the hot streak of heat would make everyone feel uncomfortable, but it was the only way to close the distance between himself and the gunmen.

”Seriously guys, you’re shooting guns at the guy made of literal fire?!” he yelled angrily as he dropkicked the first guy across the street, a fiery shoeprint was left in the bodyarmour he was wearing.

Shooting jets of superheated air at the gunmen, they tried to dodge but just got hit with another blast. And they wouldn’t hurt them, they would make it very unpleasant still. It allowed him to close the distance, rip the guns out of their hands and use his flaming hands to melt the barrels into an inoperable state.

”If you can’t even follow normal gun safety, then you shouldn’t be using guns, guys.” he quipped, but he was angry, livid even. There were civilians everywhere, and he could only hope that all the random errant shooting hadn’t caused the deaths of innocent lives.

A few guys scrambled away in fear at his appearance, but the guy he had dropkicked was still scooting on his ass away from his position, aiming his gun and blasting away uselessly into the fiery hero’s chest. Johnny wasn’t thinking straight either anymore as the fire around him ran hotter and he turned part of his arm into a fiery lance, aimed right at the face of the man. ”You’re lucky I’m on PR duty, because if I ever see your face when the camera’s aren’t on me, I’ll turn you into a walking pyre, you got that?!” he yelled angrily, and from the petrified look on the man’s face, he got the message loud and clear.

If there was one thing that could cause him to blow his top, it was gun violence.

-----

Heroes
24 years
5ft7
species
Mutate
occupation
Professional Daredevil
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Spider-Man
by Trav @ Jun 18 2018, 09:22 AM
It was hard for the boy under the mask to not chuckle at the flaming man being refereed to as 'Fire Crotch'. A much better nick name than Torch in his opinion but he was far from unbiased. Still he was happy to have the man there as he came flying in to take the focus of the gunfire off of them. Though now he was noticing it from multiple angles. What the hell was going on?

Someone had definitely come prepared to this party. Who brought automatic weapons to a protest? Someone who was looking to make it into a lot more than just a protest. That left a nasty taste in the Spider's mouth. It was one thing if things got out of hand but it was a whole other when someone was trying to sabotage the event. The sound of the musician's voice over the megaphone was a small comfort. At least that meant that they were making some progress in getting the innocents out of the outrageous scene.

Pouncing back into the air Spider-Man shot out another flurry of his webbing finishing the final clump of the crowd to clear out the path to the alley.

With a quick zip-line the Spider clung to the brick wall just inside the alley, watching as their airborne ally made short work of several of the gun slingers. He watched as he loomed intimidatingly over the fiend in a way that caused the Web-Head to worry for a moment. With a quick jump and low swing he flipped over the two and shot out a flurry of webbing to pin the man into a tight cocoon.

"You know that Hot-Head comment was more a play on words than a challenge buddy." He chuckled, not stopping his momentum as he swung again this time landing on the lighting supports for the stage once more. A quick adjustment of his shooters switched them to a longer range. Then he started nabbing as many of the trouble starters as he could. One strand, as strong as a steel support cable, was all it took to suspend a person above the stage like some sort of law breaking pinata. As he gathered more and more they began to clack together letting out groans as they met in the uncomfortable restraints.

"Now I want you boys to remember this next time you think 'Hey, you know what sounds fun? Civil unrest.'"

@Alison Blaire
@Johnny Storm
Avengers
16 years
5'8"
species
Nerd
occupation
School
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Dazzler
by Aech @ Jul 1 2018, 04:09 PM
Of all the shitty things Ali had dealt with in her life, gun violence really wasn’t one of them. She’d seen the horror stories on television about concerts getting shot up and musicians being killed. (RIP Christina Grimmie) That kind of fear had nagged the back of her mind on occasion, but had never become a reality. Now, though, it was definitely a legitimate fear.

It was only just a dream… she sang under her breath, taking comfort in the memory of the young woman’s voice who’d lost her life to a shooter a few years previously. The megaphone rested beside her leg as she clutched it in one hand, her eyes darting over the peaceful protestors running towards the alley.

More gunshots rang out, but as she looked up in that direction, she was relieved to see Flame Boy taking the heat. It was definitely nice to know that he could stand being shot, at least. Higher up, her eyes spied Spidey and watched him dodging every lead slug that came hurtling in his direction. Two kinds of people, she supposed.

Finally, the pair linked back up, though not after some of the shooters were wrapped up tightly and at least two weapons were melted into vaguely gun-shaped… things. That gave Ali a sense of relief, but she could still hear more weapons being discharged elsewhere and knew the party wasn’t over yet. Both eyes went wide as she watched Fire Crotch stalking one of the men like a lion on the fucking Savannah. Making a mental note never to piss him off, she turned back to waving the people onwards as the Spiderling hopped onto the stage equipment and called out in an attempt to hopefully cool him off before he ruined the heroic image they were attempting to keep up.

Ali ducked as a man came flying up over her head, only to hang upside down from the light rafter her crew had assembled earlier that morning. Hopefully it held him. And the next guy. And all of the others. Jesus, she wasn’t sure those things were supposed to hold so much weight. Thank fuck for triangular-aided support beams, she supposed. Either way, that was certainly her cue to get the hell away from the accident waiting to happen.

Dropping back to the ground, Ali gently urged a few more civilians on with a gentle pats on the shoulder, while giving the area a quick skim. It was a little more difficult to work her way through the throngs of people than she was accustomed to - scared people were less considerate than fans. A relatively unoccupied area of sidewalk was her intended target, but she arrived at the same moment a body armor-clad person toting a rather large gun stopped as well.

Instinct kicked in as she saw him raising his weapon and she lifted the megaphone towards him. One finger pressed down on the siren button. This time, she didn’t bother holding in the energy racing through her. The man flinched at the wailing sound, but as the small burst of sonic energy emanated out from Ali’s free hand, he crumpled to the ground. From an outside perspective, it would look like the high-pitched siren had simply discombobulated him at such a close range.

Knowing her attack had likely only bruised him, Ali sprang forward, sending a well-aimed kick to his unprotected face. As he crumpled further, she felt satisfied that he wouldn’t be getting back up again for at least a few minutes and quickly grabbed the gun. She knew next to nothing about these kinds of weapons, but with a bit of luck and logic, she managed to remove the magazine and let all of the bullets clink onto the cement. Once it was empty of its clip (she didn’t know how to empty the chamber, but at least most of the ammo was gone], she hurled the thing into the nearest dumpster before resuming her ushering of people towards the alley leading to safety.

----------
@Johnny Storm
X-Men
31 years
5'8"
species
Mutant
occupation
Singer/Songwriter
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Human Torch
by Marty @ Jul 3 2018, 11:35 AM
The situation was rapidly escalating into something worse. The public was shrinking, albeit much too slow, but it seemed that regardless of how many of these gun toting maniacs they put away more seemed to crawl out of the woodwork.

The Spiderkid was doing great work though, he barely had to keep his eye on what he was doing because he just seemed a natural at the whole ‘take out the bad guys’ thing. Easily much better than Johnny was, but he wouldn’t admit that out loud. Johnny just accepted being the guy people shot at, even though it was foolish and it had no effect other than mild discomfort and frustration on his part.

”Great stuff, kid. Don’t get cocky!” he yelled between pauses in chaos at the red suited web slinger.

His eyes instead were drawn to the third member, or at least the third person that had put her life in danger to protect. He know Alison didn’t have any powers to fight back, but he was shocked when he saw the woman stand tall over what seemed to be a knocked out maniac.

Zipping down back to her he landed behind her, just in time to launch a blast of hot air into the back of another maniac sending him ass first into the side of a dumpster.

”I don’t know how you took this guy out.” Johnny mentioned, making a kicking motion that sent another wave of air, this one launching the knocked out man into his comrade. [b]”But I suggest you keep doing it, or better yet, maybe it might be smart to get out of this situation because I don’t think this is going to get better any time soon.

Johnny didn’t want to have her life on his conscience if something bad were to happen to her, he didn’t want to be the guy that ended Dazzler.

-----

Heroes
24 years
5ft7
species
Mutate
occupation
Professional Daredevil
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Spider-Man
by Trav @ Jul 9 2018, 11:29 PM
The boy under the masked glowed as the flaming man referenced his favorite movie. It took all he had not to geek out right there. His mind running through quotes to shout back to him. He'd have to ask what his favorite of the series was. The only right answer being any of the original trilogy of course but the new ones were doing solid justice. Of course he could be one of those guy who claimed to love Star Wars and not know what an AT-AT was so he didn't get his hopes up.

Not important, not important

His collection of baddies was looking great. He had managed to fill the rafters with hanging bodies squirming against his web in protest. He couldn't help but think that this is what it must felt like to be a spider in one of those grease spoon kitchens. The structure, however, was not holding up well. Built to house lights and staging effects it's structural integrity was dropping by the moment. Made very apparent by the groans and popping sounds coming from the structures cross beams.

"Ohcrapohcrapohcrap!" Miscalculation on his part. He hadn't thought about what he was hanging folks on. He was a little more preoccupied with handling the aggressors in the crowd, making him skip a step. Thinking quickly Spider-Man looked over the structure quickly. The supports were already snapping at the bases, causing the framing to wobble with the aggressive movements of his human flies. Two thick strands of webbing flew out over the crowd latching on to separate buildings across the area. Carefully he adjusted his footing, consciously attaching his feet to the cross bars before he began to pull. It didn't take much weight to start to lean the structure. The crowd bellow was thinning out and the load groans of the falling stage became more announced as the structure began to give against the force.

"HEY! Out of the way! DANGER! MOVE DANG IT! Oh shoot..." Most of the crowd cleared quickly, not wanting to be squashed by the falling metal. But there was one who didn't look up. A little girl who was huddled in a ball up against a bench, terrified of the goings on. Who brings a little girl to a political protest? Who the hell knew. But that didn't keep her from being in harms way. The stage was coming down now. There was no stopping that, so the Spider-Man acted quickly. Kicking off of his perch as it rapidly approached the ground he dove for the little girl. Shooting out a line before he even hit the ground the hero gently wrapped the girl up with his free arm and cradled her against his chest. The Spider-Sense in the back of his mind went mad as the structure loomed over them, the webbed bag guys hitting the ground as it came closer to falling. A quick tug launched the two over the fleeing crowd. He heard the girl scream at the sudden movement but felt relief wash over his has the tingling died down. Another web-line brought him to a deep arc and the Spider caught his footing as he landed with the civilians Dazzler had led to safety.

"It's okay. It's okay look. Everything is better now." Spider-Man bounced the girl up on his hip, arm wrapped tightly around her waist, as he looked at her through the lens of his mast. Letting her down he looked between the rockstar, the Torch and the men laying in their wake. A glance over his shoulder saw the desolation of the stage and a wince formed under his mask.

"Sorry I...I don't think I'd make a good roadie."

@Alison Blaire @Johnny Storm
Avengers
16 years
5'8"
species
Nerd
occupation
School
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Dazzler
by Aech @ Jul 12 2018, 06:47 AM
How had nobody noticed all of these people with kevlar vests and automatic rifles assimilating themselves into the peaceful crowd? It legitimately blew Ali’s mind that no matter how many Spidey and Torchy took out, more continued to make their presence known. Maybe they were part of some Westboro paramilitary cult or something.

Standing over the man she’d blasted with “the megaphone”, Ali turned quickly at the sudden wave of heat touching her back. A few droplets of sweat beaded up at the base of her neck, but she disregarded them and smiled at the flaming hero. “With great skill and precision,” she responded, lifting the megaphone up a little better, as if to show off her weapon of choice. “That, and a bit of kickboxing.”

Yeah, okay. The training she did at Xavier’s was a bit more than kickboxing, but Johnny boy didn’t need to know that.

“I’ll get out of here once --” Her words were cut off by the loudest groan she’d ever heard from her stage set-up. A pang of sadness lanced through her chest as she saw just how many men were currently being suspended from it (though to be honest, anything more than two was too many) and knew the contraption wouldn’t survive. It was the rig she used for most of her spontaneous shows - the ones on rooftops or in parks.

Well… At least it was insured up the ass.

Wincing as the thing finally came crashing down, Ali put both hands up in front of her face, blocking it from any kind of blowback or debris from the fall. As the dust settled, she sighed a little bit and watched the masked hero zip his way across some web lines over to she and Fire Crotch’s location with a little girl in tow. It wasn’t hard to figure out why such a young girl was here - the Dazzler shirt said it all - so Ali swept in quickly, letting the megaphone dangle from her wrist as she reached out for the child.

“Come here, my little cub,” she cooed, pulling her miniature fan into her arms. “I gotcha.” Pressing a quick kiss to the little girl’s cheek earned her a look of shock and then elation, followed by confusion. Clearly, the poor thing was dealing with some emotional shit, which Ali couldn’t blame her for given the current circumstances.

At the sound of the Spiderling’s voice, Ali turned to offer him a small, comforting smile. “There’s more to being a roadie than setting up the stage. You want a job, Spidey, I’m sure I can find you something a little… less... to do.” Ali wasn’t sure if any gunmen remained - the area had grown mostly quiet - but she nodded towards the crowds still trying to escape the general vicinity of the protest. “I’ll take care of this,” she said, bouncing the little girl in her arms. “You boys keep on keepin’ on with the heroing.”

-----------
@Johnny Storm
X-Men
31 years
5'8"
species
Mutant
occupation
Singer/Songwriter
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Uatu the Watcher
by Stan Lee @ Jul 12 2018, 12:39 PM
Look out below! Certain individuals have caused a skyscraper to fall on top of the Manhattan Municipal building, as well as on the other attendees. This results in the riot becoming a rescue and evacuation effort. You may have your characters injured or trapped by the building, or they can have dodged it. The choices is yours.

@Johnny Storm @Peter Parker @Alison Blaire
Admin
94 years
5'11"
species
Watcher
occupation
Various
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Unmade JLUnited Shine Candyland Couture Shadowplay GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban Radioactive Deviants Aeipathy Kingdom of Khandor  Hiraeth Centuries