Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in current time. Thanos is gaining power and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has two Infinity Stones... can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Trav and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of SHINE, Caution, & ATF. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of Shine. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by Toni, Liho, and J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current month is
May 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply

No School Like the Old School, Tag: Papa Mags
aka Toad
by Trav @ May 1 2018, 12:31 AM
Toad had been hard at work throughout most of the day. Well...what he considered work anyways. See most people would go to work each day. Selling their soul from nine to five for a little bit of scratch to keep contributing to the corporate slavery system. It was no different from the old days of peasants and money bags. Only now people cared too much about the Kardashians to give a damn.

No, he played it smart. While they all went about the miserable lives the Toad waited for pay day to come around and went fishing. Only he wasn't fishing for anything slimy and scaley. He had that covered himself. No he went fishing for wallets. A practice his veteran hands sometimes found themselves doing without his prompting. Oh but when he did they worked wonders.

Years as a pick pocket on the street, far before he was found by Magneto, had made the skill second nature to him. The fact his hands could stick to things made it all the easier and in less than a day he had made out with two dozen wallets. The brown tight shirt, riddled with stains, was bulging from the horde of his loot. A torn jean jacket he wore over top was held tightly against his body as he lurched his way down the street towards home base.

He should have called well enough alone but Toad was never one for rational thinking. A handbag caught his eye. A classy looking lady was quick stepping her through the less than savory neighborhood. It looked heavy and his sticky fingers couldn't help but feel the need to help lighten her load. With a sharp lash of his tongue he had caught grip of the leather strap and a sharp tug of the muscle brought the bag to his grasp.

Unfortunately for him the woman did not seem to be intimidated. The owner was quick in pursuit of the bag. That he had not been expecting. With a shrill shriek, surprisingly from his own lips, he hopped away from her as fast as he could. A few wallets slipped and fell to the ground though he was quick to gain distance from her. He didn't bother listening to her yelling after him as he skidded around the corner of the block. It was a small hop and he was booking it into the front door of the headquarters. Another shrill scream escaped his lips as he came face to face with the big bad man himself. Shooting to full height Toad saluted, why he didn't know but nerves had caused a knee jerk reaction. The wallets he had been keeping tucked nightly again his body fell to the ground in a pile at his feet. The purse dangling from his shoulder.

"Boss-man. I was just- ugh. Taking a stroll." His lying eyes were hidden behind his normal tinted goggles though his crooked toothed grin was not as hidden. A vigorous pounding met the wooden door behind him, making the Toad jump. Without looking away he leaned back to click shut the deadbolt.

@Erik Lehnsherr
Brotherhood
26 years
5'9"
species
Mutant
occupation
Thug
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Magneto
by George @ May 4 2018, 06:31 AM
While in New York Erik had been staying at the Brotherhood Headquarters, a building he found the tenants had decided to call "The Castle." It was an interesting name for a place as disheveled as this, but he was not about to stop them from having their small joys in life. Erik had just come through the door when he heard a commotion outside that made him stop and stand at the door. A few moments later the door opened and slammed shut, showing the green creature known as Toad.

Toad was a mutant and he was on Erik's team. Erik was all for his mutants showing their true skin and not being afraid to hide who they are. However, he was also for good personal hygiene. A memo that Toad seemed to have never learned. "Mortimer." Erik greeted, in the cold voice that never sounded like he was particularly happy to see anyone. The noise that left Mortimer's mouth when he found himself face to face with Erik almost elicited a chuckle from the stoic man, almost. Stone-faced and cold, Erik stared down at Mortimer.

A stroll? That was the lame excuse he came up with? What was Mortimer pretending he had some sort of illusion mutation now, and Erik wouldn't see the pile of wallets and purse hung around his shoulder? Erik crossed his arms over his chest and continued to stare at Mortimer as a pounding on headquarters door started.

"Tell me, Mortimer. What is the point of headquarters?" Erik asked the young mutant in a slow voice. "I was under the impression it was a place for the Brotherhood to plan in secret. That doesn't seem possible when you are leading people straight to our door. People who are likely to call the cops on purse snatchers to get their property back." Erik's eyebrow raised ever so slightly as he scolded the mutant. "Do you see the problem?"

Erik wasn't unaware of the fact that some of his members made their money in.. questionable ways. However, he didn't care as long as they didn't bring their trouble back to the Brotherhood. After all, just look at poor Mortimer there. Which human establishment would actually hire him? "I suggest you take care of this before it causes a problem to the Brotherhood."

Erik could have done something about it. He could have grabbed the purse and told the lady that a frog-like creature dropped this on his way through the house and went through the back door. He could have tossed Mortimer out and acted like he was breaking in. But he wanted to see what the mutant would come up for himself. Call it a test of wits, how would he make this problem go away?

@Mortimer Toynbee
Brotherhood
88 years
6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Leader
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Toad
by Trav @ May 12 2018, 12:54 AM
As the big man spoke Toad could feel his voice creeping up his spine. Like a puppet master taking hold of his dummy. Toad of course being the dummy. The man was the closest thing Toad ever knew as an authority figure. A father figure even if he didn't scare the pants right off of him. The scrutiny washed over him like the hot water of the uncomfortable showers that he despised so much. He could just barely work out a week nod as he was prodded for a response.

"Y-yeah Mags. I get it." He shied away from the mans cold stare. Shrinking down to his usual crouched state he quickly opened up a handful of the wallets, pulling together a handful of various bills in one hand and the purse in the other. With a hesitant look to the cash then back to the door he stood and flipped the bolt back open. He barely got the door open before the door was forced open by the fierce clenched hand of the victim to his crime.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THI-" She barely got the words out before Toad thrust her purse at the woman. She grasped it angrily and started digging into its contents.

"Look my bad just...here's some cash. Let's just forg-" The money was swiped from his hand and in the same motion his face was met with a surprisingly firm fist. The coppery taste of blood filled his senses as the mutant was forced back into the building. Inertia alone carried him as he stumbled backwards to fall hard at the feet of Magneto. The woman, a scolding look on her face as she loomed in the door counted the money in her hand. Seeming satisfied she shoved the money into her purse and in a grand snorting gesture hawked a large wad of spit at the feet of the incapacitated Toad.

"Asshole." The woman swore at him with a nod before turning back to the street and going about her day.

Toad groaned, squirming for a moment at the feet of his leader. His hands came up to his face, finding the deep green ooze that was his special variety of blood. He didn't think it was broken but the woman had definitely known how to throw a punch.

"That broad had to have powers or something. Damn..." Forcing himself up to a sitting position he pulled his shirt up to his face to wipe away the blood.

@Erik Lehnsherr
Brotherhood
26 years
5'9"
species
Mutant
occupation
Thug
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Magneto
by George @ May 15 2018, 02:47 AM
Watching Mortimer deal with the situation he had brought onto himself was... Pathetic. The world was full of mutants with strong wills and powerful abilities, but here was Mortimer; always causing trouble and finding the worst solutions. The lady, probably a human despite Mortimer's claims that she must have had powers, had decked him enough to draw blood. Was it too much to expect the best from the members of the Brotherhood? Were they not here to protect mutants all over the world and bring an era of mutants?

"I told you to take care of it, not to show her how weak you are." Erik told the toad, disappointment dripping off his voice as the scowl deepened. "If she has powers, perhaps I should invite her to join. At least the lady knows how to stand up for herself." Erik turned away from Mortimer, not wanting to look at the disappointment as he opened the door to the basement and peered in to see who was about. He needed someone for a mission, preferably someone who would be able to do a good job. No one was down there, and from the lack of noise, he had a feeling that him and Mortimer were the only ones around. Unfortunate, but Toad might just be the best person for the job.

Slamming the door, Erik turned back to Toad, crossed his arms once more and examined the mess that was one of the original members of his group. Despite his overwhelming disappointment in the mutant, the fact that he had been around so long was his redeeming quality. Erik knew the kid would do anything asked of him.

Giving a deep sigh, Erik made a beckoning motion with his hand. "Come on, you're going to help me with something." Walking back to the front door, Erik opened it. He glanced both ways down the street, making sure there was no lady calling the cops to come pick up the disappointment then stepped out. "She's gone, you don't need to worry about her." Walking to his car he flicked his finger, opening the back door for Mortimer as he got into the front seat and turned the engine on.

"This is your chance to redeem yourself." It was a quiet threat. Live up to my expectations, or else. "I've been tracking a member of the group Victorious. We're going to break into his apartment, and you're going to use those sticky fingers of yours to get something useful."

@Mortimer Toynbee
Brotherhood
88 years
6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Leader
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Toad
by Trav @ May 25 2018, 10:03 AM
Toad rolled onto his backside, sitting straight a Magneto spoke. The cold words were colder still when you added the shame of his defeat. It was one thing if he got laid out when out working his sticky fingers. It was a whole other thing when those sticky fingers were caught red handed by the boss man. The one guy he would want to look at least someone competent in front of and he managed to make a fool of himself. As the boss started looking around Toad hopped onto his feet.

One quick hop and he brought himself over his horde. Quick fingers went to work pulling out the cash from the folds of the wallets. Leather and cloth alike, some bi-fold some velcro. All that mattered was that the money was as green as his own ass. He had gotten verse at leaving no stone unturned when digging through other people's valuables. He left the silly plastic credit cards, preferring the cold hard cheddar. He passively looked through the I.D's of the people he had stolen from. Finding things to tear them down in his head, funny sounding names, double chins. Look at this guy's bald spot. He cackled quietly to himself, so enthralled in what he was doing he hadn't realized that Magneto had loomed over him until he was summoned to follow him.

"What? I-" But the boss wasn't waiting for his response. Instead making his way out into the street as he approached his vehicle. With a flick of his wrist a door opened for Toad. As he hopped into the car.

"Member of who? Sounds like a tool I'm in." Toad flashed a rotten grin to the boss before moving to the window and pressing his slimy hand to it as he gazed out around the neighborhood. Totally not looking for the lady who attacked him.

"For the record though. I ain't scared, Yo."

@Erik Lehnsherr
Brotherhood
26 years
5'9"
species
Mutant
occupation
Thug
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Magneto
by George @ Jun 7 2018, 05:30 AM
The windows were all brought down as Toad entered the car, allowing the car to air out the reek that was the ambitious mutant that Erik had directed to sit in the back seat of his car. He started the engine, backing out of his driving spot and pulling into the street to make the way to the noted apartment. "Member of Victorious. That group that was pretending to be us at the STEM Fair. They are still suffering by our hands for their actions." The car pulled to a red light, and Erik glanced out the window to see the woman, red from anger, standing and waiting for a cross light.

"Oh, so you aren't scared that she will look at this car and see you in it?" Erik asked, his voice full of cold disinterest as he inched the vehicle closer so the woman had a better chance at seeing the green mutant in his back seat. Sure, he wouldn't let any serious harm befall one of his own while he was watching them, but he wanted the message to be driven home. You do not bring crime to the doorstep of the Brotherhood. They had enough to deal with, without cops checking out petty criminal activity as well.

The light turned green and Erik pressed accelerate, allowing them to leave the corner, and pulled into a heavier trafficked street. It would have been easier to just lift the car and fly it to the location, faster and a lot better than dealing with stop and go traffic. However, he had a feeling that if he flew the car to the apartment they were going to rob, it would be noticed. "When we get there, I want you to search the whole apartment. Leave as much of your slime as you want, I don't care if they know it was us who was there. I'll keep watch to make sure no one comes in and catches you. You need to find all the valuables. Everything hidden. You can do that, right?"

Erik could do this himself, but he liked to test the Brotherhood members, to see how they were growing as agents. If it was him, he would have simply gone in, moved every metal object until he found all he needed, left the place trashed and left. He was curious to see how Toad would handle the situation though.

@Mortimer Toynbee
Brotherhood
88 years
6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Leader
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Toad
by Trav @ Jun 14 2018, 03:13 AM
Toad slumped down in his seat as they drove past the still very upset woman he had attempted to purse snatch. It wasn't like he could blend in well. Hell he had stuck out a few times in police line ups enough to have picked up a hefty record. Too bad the Toad was just too damn slippery to be held by some bars and cuffs. The trick was to only get caught by the guys who weren't prepared to handle super humans. Some of these bastards with the specialized equipment were hard to shake.

"I get it, I get it." A webbed hand raised up to attempt to mask the side of his face that faced the woman. "Just like don't hang around yo...ugh please. Sir." He had learned his lesson. Don't steal in public...so close to the Castle. He'd make sure to be further away from their home base before he went to do his sticky fingers thing. Second thought he'd just make sure not to go running up to their front doorstep. Yeah that was enough. He wouldn't dare ask to clarify. Better to fuck up and ask forgiveness right?

He perked up at the mention of the attackers from the Stem Fair though, at least once the risk of another encounter was out of sight. There had been something about those Brotherhood wanna bes that really got on Toads nerves. It was one of the things he held close to him. One thing if they were the ones crashing the party but he'd be damned if someone was gonna do it for them. That was the extent of his knowledge as to the inner workings of the very real events going on around him. He was a simple mutant. Kill those guys, steal that. He never payed much attention to who or where.

"Happy to take down those Faker Fucks boss man. Already snapped one of those little pricks necks back at that fair yo. Ain't nothin' but a cake walk." He cackled at the satisfaction of the snap in the neck of that bastard that had caused him so much trouble back in that cafeteria. Even better was the look on that X-Dweebs face when they remembered who exactly it was they were being helped by.

"Nicking things is the Toad's specialty, yo! I can clear out that place no problem. Just tell me where and I'm in there and that place is good as looted Mags! What we looking for?" Of course he knew full well the boss wasn't above doing such a thing to send a message. But the past had showed him that more than once their opinions as to what was valuable and what was junk had differed a few times. Better to clarify before hand and avoid a beating later.

@Erik Lehnsherr
Brotherhood
26 years
5'9"
species
Mutant
occupation
Thug
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Demon Realm | Demonic Possession RPG Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Break the Wheel Unmade JLUnited Shine Candyland Couture Shadowplay IMPASSE GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban