Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in the time listed below. Thanos has arrived and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has three Infinity Stones--Reality, Power, and Soul; can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

8/1/18
Infinity War is ongoing and time has not rolled over yet, so keep that in mind! You can find our latest monthly roundup here and our 8th activity check here. Also, thanks to Aech's store purchase, points have been doubled for the month of August! Thank you and happy birthday, Aech!

7/1/18
Big day at Heroes Reborn! Our new monthly roundup has been posted here, our new activity check is here, OTM nominations/voting can be found here, we've begun our Infinity War event, and we hit 10,000 posts on the board! Told you it was a big day.

6/17/18
Sign ups for our Infinity War have begun! Please post to there ASAP if you are interested. Thanos will be here soon.

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Icky and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of Caution,. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of RPG-D. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current time is
June 6, 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply

Training day, Tag: Heather
aka Kane
by Calico Jack @ Jul 14 2018, 07:32 PM
@Heather Cameron
May 27th 2018

The training room was quiet today, but Garrison was expecting Heather any moment now. Her training was coming along nicely as he worked with her. With the way her power worked, she was able to respond to almost any threat without any real thought involved. However, that was no excuse for not being able to fight and defend yourself if it came down to close quarters combat. Of course, he was teaching her what he knew which was mostly military style hand-to-hand while he left the more fancy stuff to those that specialized in the stuff. At the least, he knew that he would make sure she knew how to use a gun and hurt someone if the situation arose.

Setting up the punching dummies they were going to be using, he made sure to select the ones that were able to take a hit an not break easily. The people that ordered stuff like this had learned quickly that training people with powers meant buying heavy duty stuff or ordering a lot of the cheap stuff. Looking up at the sound of the door opening, he looked over to see Heather coming in as he said.

"Heather, I was just getting everything in place. I pulled out the heavy duty stuff so that this time. We really don't need the pencil pushers complaining about breaking everything like last time."

Turning full to face her, he grinned while saying.

"Then again, I don't think they are ever happy or understand people like us tend to break things way more easily than the average person."
Civilians
34 years
6'2
species
Human cyborg
occupation
Field operative
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Lifeguard
by Jinx @ Jul 20 2018, 11:11 PM
Combat training wasn't something she had ever thought she would need. Even now, she was so confident in her powers that she wasn't sure how necessary this was, but Heather wasn't going to argue it. These were the people who had taken her in and extended that courtesy of safety to her brother. The least she could do was learn to be a proper teammate. Besides, what could it hurt?

Ordinarily she would have had no qualms with showing up in a sports bra and yoga pants, but she'd heard Garrison had a lady in his life, and slipped on a tank top as well out of respect. She brought a water bottle and a small towel for sweat with her. When she entered the training room, she was glancing down at her phone to check her messages. Garrison's voice caused her to look up, smile, and put the device down, along with the other loose belongings she had brought with her.

"G'day, Garr," she greeted him in return, walking over to him. "Need any help setting up? We can take it easy on the dummies or they can put it on my tab if they need to. You know I'm good for it," she added with a playful grin. Heather brought her hands together in a loud clap, then rubbed them together. "So, what's the plan for today? The usual hand to hand fighting sort of things? Punching, kicking, maybe practicing some bonzer one-liners? Necessary things, those. I hear all the best heroes have 'em."

Heroes
26 years
5'10"
species
Mutant/Shi'ar
occupation
Heiress
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Kane
by Calico Jack @ Jul 22 2018, 12:59 PM
@Heather Cameron

In training and in combat, it was important in his opinion to not get locked in a tense spot. You needed your brain on the edge, but not so much that you were going to snap. It was a fine line to walk which meant also maintaining a certain amount of calm and coolness. That was why he believed that the best teams were ones that could work together, play together, and talk to each other as friends. So, while he had been training Heather, it had always been a friendly but serious setting. He made sure she understood the importance of the training, but also that she didn't feel like she was being driven like a machine. After all, there would be plenty to test her later and push her to since even her power couldn't keep life from throwing her a curve ball.

He just had to make sure she had something to fall back on once it did so that she didn't just fall. Of course, somewhere along the lines they had got to talking about relationship stuff and other things in between punches and kicks. Over the past few months, he had even asked her a thing or two about women when he came up to things that confused the hell out of him. She was also the reason he set up that online dating page since she threatened to do it if he didn't. The resulting dates from it had both been interesting to say the least. However, it was the second of the two that he now had a followup date to. Nodding at her offer to help, he said.

"A little stretching and then some of the normal. Nothing to difficult today since I just want to make sure you got your basic forms down. That fancy power of your might keep you safe, but I want to make sure you can hit back cleanly enough without making me look bad for training you."

Grinning then, he went on saying.

"And save the one-liners for impressing people and hitting on people in a bar. As much as some of them hero types might use them on the battlefield, they only serve to piss off you opponent more often than not. That is bad if you got to worry about civilians anywhere near the fight."
Civilians
34 years
6'2
species
Human cyborg
occupation
Field operative
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Lifeguard
by Jinx @ Jul 28 2018, 06:25 PM
Heather agreed with the philosophy of needing a back up fighting method, just in case somehow her powers failed her. She didn't know how or why that would happen, but with the international political climate the way it was, she wouldn't be surprised if some of the world's brightest and most bigoted were working on ways to suppress things like mutations. Although, if she found herself in a situation where she was powerless against someone who was not...hand-to-hand might not matter so much. Still, it gave her something to do, as another plus, and there were other things to train in, such as small weapons handling.

She might have coerced him into setting up the online dating profile, but she still hadn't set one up for herself. Heather was a little on the fence about doing so. On the one hand, it might be nice to get into the dating world and worry about something besides keeping people safe. On the other hand, she'd heard ample horror stories about online dating. As far as she knew, men didn't have quite the same struggles as women in that arena, and luckily it had worked out for Garrison. Maybe she would give it a try someday.

"That sounds like a review. Or a test," she said thoughtfully, then grinned. "Are you giving me marks for it?" She began doing some warm-up stretches while she talked with him. Better not to waste any time where that was concerned. "Yeah but wouldn't pissing 'em off make 'em reckless?" she asked, though nodded in agreement when he pointed out the issue with nearby civilians as collateral damage. "Fair. As for impressing blokes at boozers, I can't say I've had that problem in quite some time. Maybe after I've aced this with flying colors I'll reward myself with a night out," she said with a chuckle, stretching one arm across her body and then switching to the next.

Heroes
26 years
5'10"
species
Mutant/Shi'ar
occupation
Heiress
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Kane
by Calico Jack @ Jul 29 2018, 08:22 PM
One of the first things that Garrison learned in combat was that a pissed off enemy might make mistakes, but it also made them more dangerous. Corner an animal or poke it enough time with a stick and you will find that it might surprise you. That was something he needed Heather to learn way before she got into the filed. Those that thought they could taunt the enemy usually found that they could be taunted in return. It was about finding a center ... that place where you were in complete control and nothing could shake your foundations. That was something down the road though.Right now, he just wanted to makes she had the basics down.

Giving her a grin as he found her poking fun at him, Garrison gave her a look with a raise eyebrow as he said.

"Maybe I might just grade you. Make you sign up for one of those dating things yourself of you don't get a passing grade. However, just remember one thing, just because you get someone off-balance by taunting them, it doesn't make them any less dangerous. They can still hurt people or even you if you aren't careful. They might even find a way to shock you when they pull something out of nowhere."

Setting the last of the sparring dummies, he turned to look at her as he went on saying.

"And go ahead and ask already ... I know you are dying to ask. So just get on with it already. However, do so as you start attacking that dummy there as keep your wrist straight. No one I train will ever throw a punch with a limp wrist."

@Heather Cameron
Civilians
34 years
6'2
species
Human cyborg
occupation
Field operative
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Lifeguard
by Jinx @ Aug 6 2018, 10:43 PM
Heather snorted at the idea of betting for her joining the site. "I'm considering it anyway. I might as well bite the bullet and fill it out. I don't know much about online dating, but it can't be all that hard, can it? No worse than meeting blokes in bars. Buncha creepers there." She'd also met a number of creepers on the beach, who thought it was funny or appropriate to hit on the attractive lifeguard while she was on duty. A few of those occasions had nearly cost her the job when she'd told some of them off--or worse--for how far they took their unwanted advances.

"Ask what?" she inquired with an air of innocence. "About...any certain special sheila you might've met off that site thanks to my pushing?" The faux innocence didn't remain for long, as it morphed into a side glance and a sly smirk. "D'ya think I've never thrown a punch before?" she asked then, squaring up to the training dummy. Heather stood with her legs shoulder-width apart, her knees slightly bent, her feet pointed just so, and her left shoulder facing the inanimate opponent. She kept her hands in fists and near to her chin.

It was true that her fight experience was limited, but, "I've been in some scraps here and there." Then she began jabbing at the dummy, hitting it in its featureless face with quick punches to the nasal area. Her wrist alignment was spot on, though the fists she formed weren't completely proper. "So then, tell me about her," she encouraged him while she jabbed. "It's just the one 'her,' yeah? Or are you still playing the field some, got a few options?"

Heroes
26 years
5'10"
species
Mutant/Shi'ar
occupation
Heiress
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Kane
by Calico Jack @ Aug 11 2018, 01:27 PM
Garrison grinned as his leverage went out the window. Not that he would actually have made her do it if she didn't want to. However, it was good that they could tease each other like this. To him, that was all just part of being able to work together on and off the battlefield. You fought harder among those that you got along with at home since you wanted them coming back home also. That, and he had figured out early on that she was easy to get along with. Garrison knew that she had probably got attention already and didn't need him or anyone else's help in dealing with it.

However, he didn't buy her innocent act one bit. He knew her to well by now to fall for that. If anything, she was one of the boldest and cheeky people he had met as he watched her start punching.

"Bars are for quick flings in my opinion, not that those are always bad. However, to answer your questions which I am sure you didn't have rolling around in that head of yours .... her name is Megan. She is very unique. At the least, I can say I have never met anyone else that has naturally pink hair and reminds me of a fairy. Also, she is really sweet. A bit on the really innocent unlike you."

He gave her a wink as he said that last part. They both knew who they were and teasing aside, he hid nothing from those he worked with just like he had learned as much as he could about her without digging into those things she held really close to her heart.

"And yes, right now it is just her since we got other dates planned now. Just something about her that I really like. Also, she isn't bothered by tech or the age gap which is a win for me on both things. Right now though ... getting into a scrap and just punching isn't the same as being able to ensure in the heat of the moment you are hitting correctly and hitting the right place. Some of those I have had to bring in didn't go down when hit like you might hit someone else. "

@Heather Cameron
Civilians
34 years
6'2
species
Human cyborg
occupation
Field operative
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Unmade JLUnited Candyland Couture Shadowplay GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban Radioactive Deviants Aeipathy Kingdom of Khandor  Hiraeth Centuries DigiCode