Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in current time. Thanos is gaining power and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has two Infinity Stones... can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

4/1/18 Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

new skin! welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

new staff! congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of SHINE, Caution, & ATF. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of Shine. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by Toni, Liho, and J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply
New Poll

Stuck in the same place I've always been, Open
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Feb 5 2018, 11:11 PM
Rapunzel rolled over in the bed she shared with Flynn and groggily reached over for him. And kept reaching. Her hand touched nothing but empty bed. With a sleepy groan, she peeked with one eye slightly cracked to see if she wasn't reaching far enough. Yet, there was no Flynn. With a confused frown, she sat up in the bed and looked around...

...at the room of her old tower.

"What...?" she gasped to herself, suddenly wide awake. She jumped out of bed, nearly tripping over her own hair in the process. No, this was a dream. It had to be. It was a nightmare. Her hair was as long as it had ever been, and its old golden color; not the short, choppy brown hairstyle she had adopted when Flynn cut it with a mirror shard. Her heart hammered in her chest. It shouldn't be real, but it felt that way. Where was Pascal? And Flynn? And her parents? And...

"...Mother?" Rapunzel called out hesitantly, as if expecting Gothel to appear at her door, or at the ground below the window. The window! Gathering up as much of her unwieldy long hair as she could, Rapunzel darted over to the opening and peered outside. She expected to see the same scenery she had grown up with, but in the distance, her parents' castle was crumbling. The destruction only spread from there as the city around it began to fall apart as if it were ancient ruins. Rapunzel gawked in horror. Then, she sprung into action.

Looping her hair over the hook by the window, she used the hair like a rope to rappel down the side of the tower. This time, when her feet touched the grass, she didn't allow herself that joyous moment of celebration of newfound freedom. She had been through that already. Why was this happening again?

Rapunzel took off running as fast as her bare feet could carry her, racing through the trees surrounding her tower until she smacked into someone hard enough to send her sprawling. "Ow! Sorry..."

Open!
Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Bitch
by Aech @ Feb 13 2018, 05:36 AM
Whick shuffled through the forest, her pointed boots making only the barest amount of noise despite not trying to be stealthy. She was a dwarf, after all. The forest was her home, and as such, she’d long since mastered the art of subconsciously moving through it with the grace of its other fauna. Shifting the large pickaxe from one shoulder to the other, she sighed and pursed her lips, about ready to start whistling a tune to keep her spirits up at a naturally neutral level as she wandered home.

Much to her chagrin, a large creature going in a different direction than she, was not nearly so graceful as a dwarf. Whick yowled with surprise (and a little bit of pain, but she’d never admit that aloud) as the beast’s knee cracked into the side of her skull, sending her significantly smaller form tumbling to the ground. “What the fricka-frack was that for?!” she snarled, dusting her knees off as she wobbled back to her feet. “Can’tcha see I was walkin’ here?!”

The question was purely hypothetical, of course. The giant blonde with the stupidly long mane of hair clearly hadn’t seen her. “Yeah, yeah. Sorry my gooseberry ass,” Whick grumbled, bending down to pick up the axe that had flown from her hands during her fall. “Where’s the fire at, Princess?” she scowled, blowing a bit of dirt from the weapon’s edge. She didn’t know this woman was legitimately a Princess, so her tone was less than sincere as she used the honorific, but it softened to a merely grumpy mumble as she scanned the woods behind where the blonde had been running from. “I don’t see no smoke on the horizon.”

----------
Heroes
32 years
5'7"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
Private Investigator
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Feb 16 2018, 10:08 PM
This probably wasn't the time to stop and apologize for running into someone when there was an entire kingdom at stake, but Rapunzel did it anyway. She felt bad for knocking the dwarf over, and when she gave herself that second to really think about it, what could she do? Sing it back into completion? And she'd never get there in time to help with anything, anyway. Okay, so her plan needed some work. A lot of work.

Rapunzel swallowed dryly. "I am so, so sorry," she said, and genuinely meant it. "I didn't see you there, but not because of your size or anything, but because I wasn't paying attention. It's not a fire; I don't know what it is, but there's this kingdom nearby that belongs to my parents and it's crumbling into dust or something and I have to stop it but I don't know how and I'm not even sure how I got here or what's happening to all those people--"

The only thing stopping her from continuing on in her long ramble was the need for air. She stopped so she could breathe, but the breaths came in quick, short bursts, on the verge of hyperventilation. "If you could see over the trees, you'd see it. I saw it from my tower. My old tower. I don't understand what's happening. I shouldn't be here, I escaped from here..." It had been a long while since she'd felt so utterly helpless. She wanted to cry and throw up all at once, but could do neither. "Will you come with me? Please?" Rapunzel asked, biting her lip.

Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Bitch
by Aech @ Feb 27 2018, 04:15 AM
Whick continued to grumble to herself as the pretty blonde apologized, but the words weren’t coherent even to her own dwarfy ears. Not that it mattered what she said anyways. It was all about tone, especially with these humans.

“What about my size??” she snapped, her eyes narrowing as the large girl continued to babble. Had that human just called her short? Whick didn’t see any weapons on her - or much of anything else, for that matter. Unless she was magical (highly unlikely considering how much of a klutz she was), the girl was no better off than a doe here in these woods.

Fool, Whick thought to herself, finishing her appraisal as the girl finally stopped talking long enough to inhale at least once. The term ‘crumbling to dust’ summoned a chortle from the dwarf. So far as she knew, there weren’t any buildings - or full on kingdoms, for that matter - crumbling to dust. Was this girl drunk? Whick’s eyes trailed up and down her lithe frame again, this time searching for a flask of sorts. Her own was back at the cottage, but if blondie here had something to drink, that might be forgiveness enough for her earlier blunder.

Whick’s gaze shot back to the girl and she glowered. If she could see over the trees?! “You callin’ me short again, Blondie?” she shot out, slapping the flat of her axe in what was likely a menacing move if it weren’t for her lack of height. “Look, girly. I don’t know what you’re goin’ on about with crumbling kingdoms, but ain’t nothin’ strange around here except you.”

An exasperated sigh fell off of Whick’s lips as the girl pleaded with her for help. Why were the pretty ones always so utterly helpless? Grumbling more incoherent words to herself, Whick finally inserted the axe into the strap on her back and crossed both arms over her chest. “Fine, fine. You don’t look like you could hold your own if you met any of the forest’s less-than-savory inhabitants,” she growled. “The bandits’ve been gettin’ more feisty lately.”

Putting two fingers into her lips, she let out a shrill whistle. A few moments later, the sound of rustling could be heard coming from the north. Not long after that, two creatures burst forth - a large stag and what was likely his doe mate. The doe knelt, allowing Whick an easier time of getting onto her back, though it was still awkward due to the shortness of her legs. “How far is this kingdom of yours? I got dinner with the fam-damnily tonight.”

Then again, it was Quee’s turn to cook, so perhaps Whick (and Whick’s stomach) could stand to miss out.

----------
@Danielle Knight
Heroes
32 years
5'7"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
Private Investigator
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Mar 6 2018, 07:06 PM
Mentally, she had completely glossed over what she said about Whick's size. So when the ill-tempered dwarf brought the conversation back to that point, Rapunzel stopped short, frowning in confusion. "Your...size?" she repeated, as if she might not have heard Whick correctly. "Oh. Um, I just meant that we're two different sizes. Because...we are." It wasn't her intention to specifically avoid saying that she was taller or that Whick was shorter; that was just how she phrased it. She didn't see anything wrong with it, either, because they were two different sizes, and she didn't see any need to pretend that wasn't the case. She also wasn't sure why that was an issue when her kingdom was falling apart!

"What?" she asked, her confusion only growing. An entire city was disappearing and this one was worried about height! "I can't even see over these trees. I was in my old tower when I saw it, and now I'm on the ground, and..." Rapunzel pointed in exasperation at the trees around them. "These are bigger than both of us and they're blocking our view!" She looked over her shoulder desperately in the direction of Corona. What if they were running out of time?

If only she could get the irritable traveler to a clearing where they could see what was going on, then maybe she could get her to focus on the issue and help--if help were even possible. What could either of them really do? Rapunzel could heal with her magic hair, or sometimes tears, with a song, but did Whick even have anything magic about her? That axe didn't look like it would help much, not with this. There was a time when she would have thought that it would keep the ruffians and thugs at bay, but since befriending a number of those, Rapunzel was no longer scared of them. Apparently Whick had similar thoughts.

"The bandits? No, no, they're great. Most of them were even at my--oh, my gosh, so not important right now. We've got to go!" Then Whick whistled, and Rapunzel looked around, expecting a horse to appear at the signal. Instead, it was two deer. Under normal circumstances, Rapunzel would have been suitably awed; for the time being, she was looking at how best to mount the creature so they could get to riding faster. It did occur to her that perhaps this stranger had some special affinity with animals, and while that might not do anything to stop the destruction, maybe it could prove useful. Where, oh where, was Pascal?

"How fast can these run? It isn't too far, but we need to--how do you get it to kneel down?" she interrupted herself sheepishly. Whick hadn't asked nicely, but she may have had a previous rapport with the creatures. Rapunzel approached the stag cautiously, offering a weak smile; she wasn't in the mood for anything brighter than that, given the circumstances. She left her hand outstretched, and moved slowly, though it killed her not to try to jump straight onto his back. "Please oh please let me ride you?" she asked pitifully as she neared him. He didn't start or make any threatening gestures, which she took as a good sign. Rapunzel made sure to pet his nose before she tried to climb onto his back, her heart hammering in her chest.

Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Bitch
by Aech @ Mar 14 2018, 01:22 AM
“Mhmm…” Whick hummed, though her tone suggested disbelief. They were different sizes, of course, but she didn’t trust the tall blonde not to have been at least a little high and mighty. Humans always were, whether they tried to be or not. It was their curse, she imagined. One of the many, honestly.

Whick’s gaze swept up and down the blonde, and then back up again. “Definitely bigger than you,” she agreed, ignoring the fact that she also couldn’t see over the trees. “So… you saw your new kingdom crumbling from your old one?...” Just how many kingdoms did one human need? Even Snow seemed satisfied with just the one. And they said dwarves were greedy, due to their love of gems. Pah!

Both of Whick’s bushy little eyebrows rose at the woman’s insistence that the bandits were great. “Great, yeah. Great at killin’ and stealin’,” she grumbled. “I dunno what forest you’ve been frolicking through lately, lady, but the bandits ‘round here aren’t the kind a pretty little thing like you wants to encounter on her own.”

As the deer arrived in the clearing, Whick’s face eased into the closest thing to a smile she’d shown the blonde yet. She may not particularly care for humans (or other dwarves, if she was honest with herself), but the animals of the forest held a soft spot in her heart. “Faster than I can walk,” she responded, situating her bum on the back of her doe.

“Oy -- Bambi!” Whick called out, offering the stag a look of mild annoyance. “Let her up, will ya? We’ve got places to be and allegedly crumbling kingdoms to see!” With only a glance in the dwarf’s direction as if acknowledging her statement, the stag lowered himself beside the blonde. “If you don’t think you can hold on with your knees, hug his neck. Just whatever you do, do not grab him by the antlers.” Not only would that be slightly painful to her friend, it was just downright disrespectful.

Heroes
32 years
5'7"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
Private Investigator
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Mar 18 2018, 08:31 AM
Whick didn't believe her, but Rapunzel was antsy and not in the right headspace to try and convince her that she had meant no harm. She was practically jumping from nerves and adrenaline. "Not...exactly an old kingdom. My old kingdom is really the one that's crumbling right now. I was in a tower. It's just the one tower, in the middle of a meadow, with no other buildings or people or anything. I grew up there because--oh, I can tell you on the way if you really want to know." Rapunzel bit her bottom lip almost hard enough to draw blood.

She shook her head. "Unless they've changed, too, I'm already friends with the ruffians in my kingdom. They're good people deep down, they just look and act scary, but all they've ever really needed is to be given a chance to be something better than that. Someone to believe in them and encourage them to follow their dreams. They're pretty good singers, too, if I do say so myself."

With Whick's help, the stag lowered himself to a position where she could more easily mount his back. It still wasn't easy, just easier than it had been. She had to account for the long skirt she was wearing, and the far longer hair she found herself toting around once more. It took her longer to pull her long locks into her lap than it had to get on the deer's back, but she pulled frantically, not wanting to be the source of a further delay. With Whick's instruction for how to hold on, Rapunzel got an idea, and quickly wrapped some of her blonde hair around Bambi's neck and her waist, like a makeshift seatbelt. Then she hugged his neck for good measure.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's go!" she said, gently squeezing her calves against his sides to spur the deer forward, as if he were a horse. She had ridden Maximus before, but he was a very willful creature who went and stopped as he pleased. Bambi seemed a more agreeable sort, she assumed because he was a deer. The deer bolted, and she held on carefully, but reached out so that her hand was visible to him so she could direct him to where they needed to go.

@Jessica Jones | Ha, Bambi XD
Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Bitch
by Aech @ Apr 3 2018, 06:45 AM
Following the tall one was like trying to make sense of anything that came out of a squirrel’s mouth. It came at too quick of a pace and seemed almost to contradict itself time and time again. Her old kingdom was crumbling, but her old tower was okay, but…

“You do know that old things have a tendency to crumble, right?” She had to make sure the girl was aware of that fact at the very least. Whick really didn’t have the mental capacity to try and piece the girl’s drama together. She had the time, of course, but there was no way she’d say that out loud. Instead of responding to the girl’s offer to explain her apparent life’s story, Whick offered the girl a shrug. If it was necessary, she’d try to follow along, at least.

Upon hearing the blonde was friends with the bandits in the area, Whick grimaced and spat on the ground. “You ain’t some kinda Princess of Thieves, are you? I tell ya, the ruffians that’ve been stalking these woods of late - ain’t nothing nice about ‘em. They’re new around here, and they’re bloodthirsty. So unless you’re one of ‘em, I don’t recommend trying to serenade them.” She wasn’t sure quite when things had changed in the forest, but nowadays there was a noticeable difference in the types of people she encountered - when she encountered them.

Whick hadn’t quite realized just how much hair the girl had until she was forced to wait on the blonde to pick it all up. Sheesh! Had she ever heard of a haircut?! At least it didn’t look dirty, which couldn’t be said for the hair of most people who ventured through these woods. Once she was settled on the stag (and secured using that damn hair of hers), Whick shoved two fingers into her mouth and gave a quick whistle.

The whistle was all the deer needed to get going, but Rapunzel’s bolted forward with a little extra spring at the start thanks to the gentle squeeze. Whick’s doe caught up in the span of a heartbeat, and the pair whisked through the forest in the direction of the blonde’s old, crumbling kingdom. Whick had been there before a handful of times, when one of her more amiable compatriots were unable to venture to market. Still, she allowed Rapunzel to lead the way, while she herself remained vigilant on the girl’s position on the stag, and of their surroundings. The last thing she wanted to encounter on this trek was a pack of bandits…

...though perhaps it might knock a little sense into the blonde, seeing these bastards firsthand.

Heroes
32 years
5'7"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
Private Investigator
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Apr 7 2018, 04:06 PM
"No! Not that kind of old," she said in frustration. "Old like...formerly occupied. I was born in this kingdom, then I was stolen away to live in my tower, but then I was rescued from the tower--well, we rescued each other, but the point is that I left it--and found out I was a princess, so I moved back to the kingdom." While she spoke, she illustrated the movements with her hands; holding them about six inches apart from each, palms facing one another, and moving the set of hands from one side of her body to the other each time she mentioned relocating.

"That's where I was supposed to be, but instead, I woke up back in the tower this morning, and with this long hair again, even though that was chopped off and isn't supposed to grow back--especially not this long, this fast! It was brown and up to here when I went to sleep last night," Rapunzel explained, holding one hand up to about the height her hair should have been when it was short and wild. "Is that clear or not?" Normally, she would not have gotten this testy, but her nerves were already worked over by the fact that her home was going up in smoke, so to speak; having to explain everything multiple times pushed her over the edge of patience. It was still completely non-threatening, however.

"Just the regular sort of princess." She was so jittery and nervous that she shook during the ride. Rapunzel was grateful that she had had the foresight to secure herself to the stag before they left, because she felt nauseous and dizzy and unsure of her hold, and might have fallen off if not for the makeshift seatbelt.

They just needed to get past the trees, to a clearing, so that she could show her travel companion and finally get Whick to believe her. Then, she found one--a big enough break in the trees for both of them to see the last of the castle's towers falling from its height, and buildings around it on its hill likewise falling to pieces. Parts were turning into dust more than rubble, as if they had suddenly been aged thousands of years in the span of a single morning.

And if that was happening just to the buildings...what was happening to the people?

"Now you see, right?" Rapunzel called over her shoulder, choking back a panicked sob. But she didn't dare to stop, or even slow down, their ride. They had to get there! They had to save them!

...Somehow...

Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Bitch
by Aech @ Apr 11 2018, 02:58 PM
Whick wasn’t sure why, but humans were an incredibly confusing race. Maybe it was because they talked so fast. Or maybe it was because their heads seemed too small for their big bodies. Were their brains smaller than those of dwarves? Then again, maybe it was just the females -- Snow had been pretty confusing in the beginning, too. Whick liked to think that her time with the dwarves helped to settle the fair-skinned woman she and her buddies called friend.

“Sounds like quite the adventure,” she said noncommittally. She assumed there was more detail to the story, but now probably wasn’t the time for that. In all honesty, she wasn’t sure she could handle a more detailed recount of the events. Her eyes followed the blonde’s hands with each movement to and fro, and she was at least glad that the woman had only made the trek a few times, rather than enough to make Whick dizzy.

“...and Snick says I’m bad…” the dwarf murmured under her breath. How deep in her cups had this woman gotten? At least she remembered most of what she’d done when she got too inebriated… usually. Still, she’d never grown a million feet of hair and been moved further than across the house during her blackouts. “Yeah, yeah, I got it…”

Now that she knew the girl had likely just had too much to drink the night before, her sense of urgency faded a bit. Luckily for Rapunzel, she didn’t command her doe to slow down, so the shift wasn’t terribly noticeable. At least she got confirmation that the girl wasn’t a bandit… though that information did little to settle Whick’s nerves. If they did get accosted, she likely wouldn’t be of any use in a fight. Hopefully she at least didn’t get in the way.

As they finally broke past the treeline, Whick’s eyes traveled towards the horizon. They were drawn instantly to a tower, standing tall and proud and… no, wait… it was… falling? A pang of fear raced through the small woman’s body as she watched the huge chunk of building soar down from the heights and out of sight. She didn’t see any kind of projectiles being launched towards the kingdom in an act of war and destruction, but maybe they’d stopped now that the last tower had fallen.

Biting back her fear, Whick kicked her heels into the doe’s sides, urging it faster. Beside her, the stag picked up speed as well, more to keep up with his mate than in accordance with Whick’s demand. She may not have any friends or loved ones in that kingdom, but despite her callous demeanor, she wasn’t an entirely heartless person. Besides, that kingdom was one of their best buyers. “Yeah, I see…” she called out, her attention focused on maintaining her seat on the beast’s back as it leapt over a bush instead of darting around. “I assume you have no plan yet…” It was meant to be a question, but the tone suggested she was simply stating a fact.

Heroes
32 years
5'7"
species
Enhanced Human
occupation
Private Investigator
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka (The Mighty) Pen
by Jinx @ Apr 17 2018, 10:01 PM
"Quite the adventure" was the understatement of the year. She hadn't even included the parts with Flynn, or the ruffians, or Maximus, or being reunited with her parents, or her adoptive mother turning into a pile of dust after bringing Flynn back to life with magic tears, or getting married--just some of the main highlights. If the dwarf was interested later, Rapunzel would happily gush about how her life had turned around for the better, how her world had expanded and she had found what she thought was a happily ever after.

So much for that.

Would Whick stop thinking she was crazy now? No, probably not. At least she couldn't deny what she had seen with her own two eyes. On that part, if nothing else, Rapunzel was vindicated; though she hoped that being proven truthful extended to all other experiences she had recounted for the other woman. Her response to Whick's stated question probably wouldn't help matters, though.

"Of course I don't! How can you plan around that?" she asked desperately, waving at the distant kingdom with her entire arm. "I've never undone that much. I've never even undone anything with a building, and I don't know if I can," she went on, in part to herself, and referencing her ability to turn back the clock with her hair. That was what it did, after all--it didn't heal so much as reverse damage. In theory, maybe she could apply that to stone and mortar, but did she dare to hope that it would work in practice?

"I just hope it's not too late, whatever this is. Maybe...I don't know. Maybe I can still save people...anyone..." There were so many citizens whom she had befriended since her joyous return, including many children. "This is a nightmare. It has to be. I'll wake up and everything will be back to normal..."

They drew closer to the castle. The sounds of the area's decay, as well as screaming and sobbing, could be heard more clearly. It wasn't just the castle; everything was falling apart, and there was little that either of them could do to stop it.

Heroes
20 years
5'6"
species
Mutant
occupation
Caterer
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Demon Realm | Demonic Possession RPG Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Kill Signal Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Break the Wheel Unmade JLUnited Shine Candyland Couture Shadowplay