Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in the time listed below. Thanos has arrived and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has three Infinity Stones--Reality, Power, and Soul; can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

8/1/18
Infinity War is ongoing and time has not rolled over yet, so keep that in mind! You can find our latest monthly roundup here and our 8th activity check here. Also, thanks to Aech's store purchase, points have been doubled for the month of August! Thank you and happy birthday, Aech!

7/1/18
Big day at Heroes Reborn! Our new monthly roundup has been posted here, our new activity check is here, OTM nominations/voting can be found here, we've begun our Infinity War event, and we hit 10,000 posts on the board! Told you it was a big day.

6/17/18
Sign ups for our Infinity War have begun! Please post to there ASAP if you are interested. Thanos will be here soon.

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Icky and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of Caution,. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of RPG-D. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current time is
June 6, 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply

Queens and kings, Tag: Medusa
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Jul 14 2018, 05:16 PM
@Medusalith Boltagon
May 28th 2018

Kingdoms were a thing best managed by understanding who was an ally and who wasn't. Such alliances were never an easy thing to figure out. At the moment however, Namor found that the Inhumans were looking to be a good group to have an alliance with. Already the trade between his people and them had provided his people with an easier and more comfortable means of surviving outside of the water. All that took was providing a means for the Inhumans to grow more food for them have to eat. That along with enough sea life to start their own fish nurseries was a small thing he saw as a good start.

Of course, such an alliance was something that had to be maintained and that meant meeting between his people and theirs. So, as he had yet to be able to set up an embassy there and his people were still warming up the idea of the alliance ... that left him meeting with the Inhumans. With having met their princess, he had let her know he was open to meet with more of the royal family that wanted to visit Atlantis. Today he had the chance to entertain the Inhuman queen whose name he had found out was Medusa. His inquiry as to the source of her name revealed she had control of her hair which reminded him greatly of the the Medusa from the ancient greek stories.

So as he waited in the drained chamber, Namor held up the necklace that he his artisans make for her. It was on relatively simple chain of silver mined from a vein found in a cave near the city. The conch shell pearl in it though was something he knew was valued highly on the surface. Whatever the value of it, he considered it to be minor compared its purpose as a gift from one ruler to another. Then, as he heard the sound that meant Lockjaw was here ... he walked into the adjoining room and said.

"Queen Medusa ... it is my honor to be able to welcome you to Atlantis. If there is anything you need, you have but to ask."

Holding up the necklace for her to take.

"A small token from me and my kingdom. Made by one of the finest artisans Atlantis has to offer."
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Medusa
by Snowayta @ Jul 14 2018, 06:21 PM
"King Namor, the honor is all mine to be welcomed to your kingdom." She replied with a small smile on her face, making a slight bow with her head in his direction after hearing his introduction.
She was a bit surprised by the gift ofcourse, gifts were always a curious thing especially when it came to royalties, was it a gift just for that sake of it being a gift? or were there any other ideas behind it, whatever it was, Medusa didn't really have the luxury to overthink such thoughts at the moment.
"It is beautiful, thank you." Her hands softly took the necklace he offered her, taking a closer look at it before she eventually put it around her neck, her hair moving to the side to allow her to put it on easily.
"I think it suits the dress quite well." She added with a smile as her hair fell back into place.
The dress she was refering to wasn't anything over the top, the purple design which was highlighted with black and gold features perfectly wrapped itself around her curves and would only add to her natural beauty.
"I'm glad we could have this meeting, I heard a lot about you from my sister and I must say, it got me quite curious about the things here." Her voice was fair and had a warm undertone to it.
Normally Medusa would be more hesitant and defensive to newcomers, but she was talking with the king of Atlantis here, it wasn't just herself that benefited from this conversation, but the entire Inhuman population.

"Now that we're handing out gifts, I happen to have one for you aswell." Another warm smile appeared on her lips as her hair brought forward a small box.
After opening it there would be some kind of gemstone encased in what seemed to be some glass like material.
"It's a shard of a Terrigan Crystal, it contains the mist that we Inhumans use for our Terragenesis, this one has had its use, but I think it still looks beautiful."

@Namor McKenzie
Cosmic
36 years
5' 11"
species
Inhuman
occupation
Queen
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Jul 15 2018, 05:05 PM
@Medusalith Boltagon

There was a definite difference between her and her sister. Where Crystal was seemingly not the most comfortable when it came to royal or stately matters, Medusa handled them with an ease that Namor fully expected out of a queen. He could see how she was able to stand next to her king and support him with a strength all her own. One day, he knew that he wanted a queen at his side like here. Someone able to rule beside him since his people needed someone strong of will to keep them listening to her. Until he found a queen like that though, it was as it was and made it work despite the rumblings from his people at times about his time away.

Looking to the box that she held out for him, he looked in at the crystal that. The process by which the Inhumans gained their powers and their different appearances had been explained to him by Crystal. Overall, Namor saw it as both fascinating and also something his people might not look nicely upon. However, the crystal as a gift was something he could also use to show his people that the Inhumans had a way of empowering their own people. A way to make them stronger and as part of that ... stronger allies. So as he let himself smile a little as was proper when addressing another member of royalty.

"It is a most gracious gift. I have been led to understand that the mist is the source of your people's many abilities. I also have come to understand that genetics play a big part in your people's life. Maybe one day your scientist can do a study on my people's genetics. If there was a non-harmful way to find a way to increase my people's resistance to the poison that the surface dwellers have turned parts of the ocean into."

Indicating the passage way that would lead to the rest of the drained palace, he went on saying.

"If you would join me, my people have laid out a meal so we can talk more over some food. Also, I do not know if you drink or not, but I have had one of the bottles collected from one of the many sunken ships prepared. The outside water temperature is better than any kind of means of keeping things cold like the use on the surface."
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Medusa
by Snowayta @ Jul 15 2018, 06:17 PM
"One day perhaps indeed, though I'm sure our scientists would love to get the opportunity to look more into the DNA of the Atlanteans, we should not get ahead of ourselves, I'm sure there are still those on both of our sides that are against an alliance between the Atlanteans and Inhumans." She spoke with a faint smile in regards to Namor his suggestion.
She turned her eyes towards the area he motioned to and walked besides him as he made his way over towards the other room.
"Even our scientist haven't fully figured out the Inhuman DNA, so as you can imagine our research is completly focused on that, but who knows what could happen in the future, never say never.".

A soft chuckle escaped the queen her lips as she heard Namor's words, "Well, if I might be so honest, I'm not one to pass up on a good drink." She brought out with a soft tone as her eyes moved around this new area of the palace they were in.
Without her saying anything, it was clear that the queen was quite fascinated and intrigued by everything Atlantis had to offer.
She could imagine a trip in Attilan would be just as awe-inspiring to the king as this was to her.
"I must say, that I never expected a submerged palace to hold such beauty and elegance."
As she was talking, she walked over towards one of the windows to take a look at what the outside looked like from here.
"One would say that Attilan is as boring as it could get in terms of design, but even in its simplicity, there is beauty to be found as there is with many things in life."

Turning her attention back to meet the king, her eyes held a playful twinkle in them, she absolutely adored all of this, seeing new placing, learning new things.
Being a queen had both its up and downsides and not being able to leave Attilan as much as she'd desire at times was certainly a big downside.
"Are you married, King Namor?" She suddenly asked out of the blue, though it might not be such a weird question in case of royals whom supposedly were always married or atleast were always thought of to be married. "I can imagine the Atlantean women must be knocking on your door like crazy."

@Namor McKenzie
Cosmic
36 years
5' 11"
species
Inhuman
occupation
Queen
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Jul 22 2018, 12:39 PM
@Medusalith Boltagon

Even without being someone who studied or understood all that went into a person genetic code, Namor was sure of one thing. The Inhumans had to possess something that made their DNA flexible. While he knew his people would not be open to the idea of genetic manipulation, if there was anything that could be done to make his people more durable to the growing amount of toxins in the water ...he would see what options were out there at the least. Because even with as stubborn as his people could be, they needed a future and he would find a way to ensure they had one. At the moment however, his guest was the focus of his attention. After all, it would rude to not make it feel as as if her visit was an unimportant thing.

So as he led her through the palace, he heard her words and waited until she was finished to answer by saying.

"Very true, the future is ever an uncertain thing. Still, if your scientist were ever to find a moment ... I would welcome the chance for them to see if there was a way to enable my people to better deal with what the humans have done to parts of the ocean. While Atlantis is safe ... there are areas of the ocean my people can no longer swim in due to poisons that the humans have pumped into the water. However, such talk can wait for a more official meeting."

Stepping into one of the halls that held a long table with many item of food and drink laid out, he waved his hand over the table.

"Some of the finest food Atlantis has to offer. As well as spirits lost to the surface many centuries ago. I an my people comb the ocean floors at times not only to keep it as clean of debris callously left by humans, but also to claim what treasure they lose to the ocean waves. As for the palace itself ... it and the city were originally built by one of the surface races. My early ancestors are believed to be descended from them after great Neptune granted them the ability to survive beneath the surface of the water."

Picking up one of the chalices which was made from pure gold and encrusted with gems, he filled it about half way from a bottle of wine whose outer markings had long faded or rubbed away in the ocean currents. Handing her the chalice, he went on saying.

"A lot of what you currently see though, is what many have added over the centuries. The ability to drain portions of the palace is only a recent thing so that I may walk around it an entertain guest such as yourself. To answer your other question though, I am not married. Although there are more than a few females among my people that would welcome becoming queen. However, it is not as simple as picking someone that wants the role as much as it is finding someone suitable for the role and all that it requires."
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Medusa
by Snowayta @ Jul 22 2018, 06:04 PM
"I have seen it yes, the things humans do to the oceans, it is disgusting to say the least, messing with nature in such a manner, it should be banned though, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it already is but people just...don't care."
Turning her eyes towards him once more as she heard about the fact that the Atlanteans weren't even able to go to certain parts of the ocean anymore due to the things humans threw away without any care.
"That's horrible." She brought out with visible distress and shock on her face, as queen she knew exactly how you'd feel in such a situation, she would be heartbroken if such things were to be brought to the Inhumans.

She walked besides him as he guided her to, what she assumed, was the dining room, a slight whistle of surprise and awe left her lips as noticed the sheer amount of food and drinks that were put out on the table.
"I..wow..I'm overwhelmed by the generosity you are displayed, king Namor." her eyes turned towards him once more as she listened to the rest of his story.
"I can't imagine humans to build places as beautiful as this, the only thing I see now when I am there are buildings that reachs to the clouds, large..but dull and horrible to look at, nothing more than large pillars of steel without any kind of flair or personality to it."

Her attention slowly drifted around the hall once more, it was clear that with her actions she was clearly impressed by the sheer size and beauty of this place.
With great care she took the chalice from him, making a slight courtesy nod with her head as her lips curled back up into a small smile once more.
"If I'm being completely honest, I doubt you will find someone whom is ready for the crown just like that." She started slowly, quickly releasing how her words could be taken in a bad way and attempted to correct herself. "I mean, royal etiquettes are not something thought at the average household, atleast they aren't on Attilan and as far as I have seen, they aren't part of Earth's either."
Her eyes quickly moved down to the chalice which she held with both hands now, simply hoping that he wouldn't take her words the wrong way.

Slowly bringing the chalice to her lips and drinking from it before daring to move her eyes back up to meet with his.
"Oh, this wine is lovely." Gosh, she suddenly felt so out of place and awkward right now, guess not even Inhumans were invulnerable to bad wordchoice.
"I wasn't fit to be a queen either when I married into the crown, nor do I think I am now, but I'll do whatever is required for my people and I think that is the essential part of ruling."

@Namor McKenzie
Cosmic
36 years
5' 11"
species
Inhuman
occupation
Queen
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Jul 29 2018, 03:04 PM
Namor understood well enough that the environment on Earth was one that was also harsh on the inhumans. It seemed, that humanity was ignorantly destroying the world around them which affected others before it truly affected them. In time though, Namor was sure that even they couldn't ignore the changes as a whole. By that point, it would be to late though. As it stood at the moment, his species and the inhumans were more sensitive to the changes which was why he was fighting to stop them and reverse the flow as it was. Maybe then, even the inhumans could return to the planet and have more room to grow. It was a noble dream that would require more work though.

Happy that she was impressed by the display, he nodded as he smiled his faint smile while saying.

"Just a little of what Atlantis has to offer. We are able to survive on the sea life we raise or catch as well as the plants the ocean provides for us. As for he setting, humanity once were builders of vision, but now that vision is consumed by greed and lackluster goals. However, I imagine your city has its own wonders. Even if much more modern compared to here, I have been told you have your own artist caste or something similar."

On the subject of him finding a queen, he agreed it was not an easy role for someone to step into. Of course, there were those that wanted the power ... but wouldn't be good rulers. His people didn't need a tyrant on the throne that would lead them into directions that would see them wiped from the ocean as a whole.

"You are right, which is why I continue to look. One day I will find a queen though. Maybe even from among your people if that is where she is."

Offering something that more resembled a smile more than mot of his expressions.

"You will keep an eye open for me in hat case I hope. So that when I do come to visit your city, you can introduce me to her so I might see if she could indeed be a future queen of Atlantis."

@Medusalith Boltagon
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Medusa
by Snowayta @ Aug 3 2018, 07:55 AM
"Oh I will king Namor." She spoke with a small smile as she patted his shoulder a bit when he suggested her introducing to a possible queen for Atlantis if she were to find one.
"But I don't think you have to worry about such a thing to much, you will surely find a queen right for both Atlantis..and for yourself ofcourse, you can find the perfect queen and king...but if they don't gel together as a couple..then it easily the worst case scenario when it comes to royals." Her eyes turning away for a second, the corners of her lips forcing themselves up a little, as if she was just saying such to protect him from the mistakes though the scars ran deeper than that, though she wouldn't simply show it that easily, or perhaps she had already done so, it was all just too confusing to her.
"Love is always a difficult subject..only more pressured by the crown, the things that come with that,,the expectations..the rules..the general image.
If I may offer you a piece of advice though, when you have found a suitable queen, don't forget that at heart she is still a woman..with her own needs and desires aswell, her own hopes and dreams."

Bringing the chalice back to her lips to drink from the wine, keeping her eyes closely on his.
"Some might get so wrapped up in their kingly duties, that they forget that the person besides them is just as much part of their kingdom as the people roaming the streets, I'd hate for such a fate to befall on you.
As she lowered the chalice she showed a more genuine smile as her eyes wandered off again to look outside.

"So, what has the Atlantean kitchen prepared for our dinner tonight?"
She spoke with a slight chuckle, the interest in this place had become visible in her eyes again after dulling a bit when she got into more personal details about a royal lovelife, her lovelife that was for most of the part, it was rather obvious she was speaking from experience in that regard.
"I mean, I imagine the function of fish here..to be comparable..to how livestock is to the humans?" She spoke carefully, the glinster of interest clearly visible in her eyes.
"And how do other things go here, like farming and such? If that is done at all, I'd love to hear more about the more..simple things here in Atlantis. since Attilan can easily be compared to Earth in regards to how those things are handled, but here..you have to live in a completely different way."

@Namor McKenzie
Cosmic
36 years
5' 11"
species
Inhuman
occupation
Queen
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Aug 11 2018, 02:43 PM
It amused him to hear the advice that she offered. He knew not many understood his various sides, but one of them was doing nothing in halves. Yes, he would find a queen one day, but she would also be his wife someone he saw as an equal. That meant making sure she knew that he loved her which was why not just any woman would do. Whatever the case there, he did understand her words and that her king was wise to have a wife that knew she was simply not some object to be placed on a throne a looked at. Of course, he had the impression that there was no such thing as something or someone that was simply there among the Inhumans. In order for their system to work, everyone did their part and kept the wheel rolling.

Letting her ask her questions, he waited until she was finished before pulling the seat out for her so that she may sit before the feast that was laid out as he responded by saying.

"I shall take you sage advice and not forget it, but to answer your other questions ... my people both raise and hunt for fish and other sea life which do indeed fill the role of livestock. As for the plants, we grow them ourselves. Such gardens as you might call them are maintained by families that have maintained them ever since my people settled in the city."

Namor sat down himself so that he was seated across from her. Sipping at his wine as he picked from the plate the was laid out before him, he went on saying.

"As to something like farming and other things here ... people pick what they wish to do. There are many task and other things that need to be done. Some families farm while others make things. Others hunt and many other more serve entirely in the military. Everyone is free to choose their own path as long as they do something which benefits the city and those that live within it. Some wear several hats as I believe the expression goes on the surface."

@Medusalith Boltagon
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Unmade JLUnited Candyland Couture Shadowplay GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban Radioactive Deviants Aeipathy Kingdom of Khandor  Hiraeth Centuries DigiCode