Heroes Reborn

• welcome
  • staff
  • links
  • updates
  • wanted
  • credit
Welcome to Heroes Reborn!

We are an AU MCU and X-Men site with comic influence based in current time. Thanos has arrived and it is time for the heroes of Earth to come together with those of Asgard and Space to fight back against his threat. He already has three Infinity Stones--Reality, Power, and Soul; can they keep the others out of his hands? And what does this mysterious Victorious group want with our heroes?

'Nuff said!

7/1/18
Big day at Heroes Reborn! Our new monthly roundup has been posted here, our new activity check is here, OTM nominations/voting can be found here, we've begun our Infinity War event, and we hit 10,000 posts on the board! Told you it was a big day.

6/17/18
Sign ups for our Infinity War have begun! Please post to there ASAP if you are interested. Thanos will be here soon.

6/1/18
Check out the June Monthly Roundup and welcome our two new staffers, Icky and Calico Jack! The current board time is still May 2018. Please date and plan your threads accordingly.

5/1/18
Happy six month anniversary! Monthly Roundup for May is posted and includes several important updates. Current board time will remain as May 2018 through the end of June IRL.

4/20/18
Six month celebration and other announcements

4/1/18
Activity check is up and we have added combat enhancers as a plot hook!

3/5/18
new member group/teams! enforcers have been added as a member group, and cavalry and the thunderbolts have been added to the faction list!

3/5/18
new skin!

welcome to our new skin, coded by our lovely j-3po! let us know if you spot any issues!

3/5/18
new staff!

congrats to j-3po and asterous! they are our new mods!

Information box & drag code designed by YunoTheNinetales of Caution,. Tabs are Kismet of RPG-D

This skin and graphics were designed by J of RPG-D. Site item graphics are by Jinx. Site templates are by J.

Marvel and all characters thereof are owned by Marvel and Marvel Studios, but the story of this site and its plotlines were created by the staff team. Posts are copyright their individual writers.

the current time is
June 6, 2018
please vote daily : Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites Top RP Sites

Add Reply

Family, Tag: Whalesong
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ May 12 2018, 07:06 PM
@Aurora Black
May 12, 2018

Being away from Atlantis was both necessary and something he never truly looked forward to all the time. His people didn't fully understand the need to be a part of the bigger world and yet, he knew that there was no way they would be able to live isolated forever. Also, it wasn't like he cared much for many things the surface world had to offer. Yet, he was finding there were a few things that made it redeemable in his eyes. If only part of it were redeemable while he was content to let the rest simply rot if had any say in the matter. Coming back to Atlantis though meant not only reconnecting with his people and letting them vent about how they thought he should abandon the attempt at connecting to the surface, but also it let him spend time with his daughter.

Whalesong wasn't daughter in the traditional sense, but sense she had come to Atlantis along with her large companion ... he had taken her in as his own since no other Atlantean would claim her. Being a hybrid like her and understanding the difficulties, Namor had first just taken her in with the mindset that it would show that by her being part Atlantean ... she was still one of them. However, he had truly come to see her as a true daughter over time and while he was as solid as any rock when it came to his people, with her he was able to be a little less guarded all of the time. The swim out to where Leviathan lived was a quick one and he stopped in front of the great beast.

It was easy to mentally communicate with it and let it know that he was there to see Whalesong. As the great beast opened it's mouth, Namor swam in with no fear as he knew there was a place within the great beast that Whalesong had called home for years. Swimming until he came to air-filled area, Namor exited the water and found his adopted daughter there.

"Daughter, I have missed you."

Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Whalesong
by George @ May 12 2018, 11:43 PM
Books laid spread out in the driest chamber inside the Leviathan's giant mass. Whalesong laid in the middle of the mass, flipping through different pages as she researched the history of the land-dwellers world. Their history was messy, full of war and pollution, but Atlantis couldn't be said to be much better. Sure, they were an isolated lot, but they were stuck on their high wave that claimed they were superior to everyone else, even as the land-dwellers went on to destroy their oceans. For whatever reason, they couldn't comprehend that Namor was working towards clean energy for them. They were such a disgruntled lot, stuck in old ways and not willing to grow. Whalesong let out a deep sigh, shutting on of the books. She'd read enough for one day, and had plenty to mold over. The Leviathan had offered her glimpses of the land-dwellers wars that she'd lived through, all of which was more terrible than the last. Their bond was of one mind about the subject, fighting was useless. There were better ways.

Clearing up the books and storing them in a waterproof chest was interrupted as the Leviathan opened up her eyes to Whalesong to show the approach of Namor. A smile drew itself onto Whalesong's face, it'd been awhile since she'd seen the man who'd taken her in and raised her as his own. Haphazardly she threw the rest of the books in the trunk, locking it tight before levitating towards the front to the Leviathan.

Namor had already entered by the time Whalesong got to the first chamber past the mouth, he looked as regal as ever and appeared to be in good health. Whalesong knew he could take care of himself, but he always worried about him while he was with the land-dwellers, and then when he returned to Atlantis. Who knew who'd try to challenge him for the throne, and cause a fight. Rushing towards him she wrapped her arms around him in a large hug, brushing her telepathic link against his mind to pass him a warm feeling of welcoming and her happiness to see him again. Normally, Whalesong asked people before touching their minds, understanding that the feeling could be uncomfortable to be touched by the small river that was Whalesong's consciousness and the un-ending ocean that was the Leviathan's. But Namor was different, he was the first person to accept her in Atlantis, and was the most important person in her life.

Detaching herself from the hug, Whalesong took a step back, still smiling widely. A new emotion passed through the link, the touch of a question followed by the memory of the land. The question formed was how was the land? Before waiting for an answer, more questions and snippets of memory passed over to brush against his mind, a memory of watching him enter Atlantis, how was his reception home? And finally a memory of staring at a clock, how long would he be here this time?

@Namor McKenzie
Civilians
25 years
5'5
species
Human/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
Student
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ May 13 2018, 03:54 PM
@Aurora Black
Namor had never really been one for things like hugs for most of his life. However, since taking Whalesong in, he had found that in their alone times that he wasn't not against such things. Nor was one to jump at her sudden mental intrusion. At first, it had been difficult to get used to communicating with her in that way. Now, he was used to it and easily accepted in place of the the hand communication that was the alternative due to her inability to speak. Also, when it was just him and her ... it was the few times he allowed himself something near enough to a smile that someone might recognize it as one.

With her, he was able to relax just enough that he didn't have to be a pillar upon which Atlantis relied upon. The images that entered his mind were ones that he processed and waited until they stopped to answer them by saying.

"The surface world is still as much a mess as ever, but I believe I am making some good contacts by which I can start pushing it in a better direction. In time I might even be able to convince them to stop being so destructive of themselves. Also, I have met someone up there that has drawn my interest."

Directing his marine telepathy to Leviathan, Namor knew she would be able see it also as the great beast shared everything with her. He showed her Sofia's face for a moment before he went on to say.

"She shows potential to be a fierce warrior ... not that it would matter much to my people since she from the surface. That is a matter not easily resolved though and one that will require much work if she continues to hold my interest as she does now. With being home once more though, there are the usual issues. Many not happy I am gone as I am at times and problems to handle which the counsel is unable to resolve without me here to deal with it. Nothing any different than when I usually return though."

Offering a partial smile once as he addressed her last question, he said.

"I am here for a few days at the least, maybe we can find some time to take a swim together and check on some of the coral gardens you have planted to check on their progress."
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Whalesong
by George @ May 17 2018, 12:46 AM
Song listened with wrapped interest as Namor described his time on the surface world. Despite it being the place of her existence for her first eight years, those memories seemed so distant now. She could hardly remember what it felt like to exist in the world full of land-dwellers. She'd never truly gained the extreme prejudice against land-dwellers that some of the other Atlantean's had, but she understood where they were coming from. They weren't the best existence, but Atlantis wasn't perfect either! The people here were always questioning Namor's decisions, despite the fact that he always had their best interest in mind. Everyone everywhere were silly and full of ideas that were unhelpful.

She was ready to ask more question about the contacts he made, but his follow up to the statement was much more interesting. Someone who drew his interest. The Leviathan directed the image to Whalesong who projected it on the innards of the whale. The two were so bonded, that the Leviathan's insides were basically a window into Whalesong's thoughts. She could use them as a projector to what she was thinking, which would be better for communicating with people since she knew her speaking directly into their minds was awkward. Unfortunately, getting people to come inside the Leviathan with her was also very hard. People tended to fear walking into the giant mouth of a huge sea creature. She understood it, she just thought it was silly. Levi would never hurt anyone.

Turning to the projected picture, a large smile pulled at Song's face as she looked upon the fierce warrior. She was pretty and if father liked her, she liked her. Anything that gave her father happiness was a welcome entrance into the life. She rolled her eyes as he mentioned his people wouldn't be happy. Quickly she signed that they were stubborn fools who needed to learn to live a little. There was life outside of Atlantis, even if they refused to admit it! Namor continued, and her gaze flipped back to him as he discussed the problems.

Gently, Song gave Namor a memory. She'd stumbled upon a group of Atlanteans complaining in hushed whispers about how their King was always gone, and how he seemed to care more about the surface world than his own realm these days. She'd been sure to memorize each of their faces and all of their words so that she could deliver this memory perfectly to him. When they'd noticed her watching, they'd dispersed from the conversation and went on about their lives, but she always felt her father should know when she came across these things.

Piling together a select few of memories that would form a question, she flipped them between a few different Atlanteans who'd spoken to her to ask the question. 'Any. serious issues. on the. council. this time?"

Whalesong gave an approving smile at the idea of taking a swim together. She sent him old memories of the gardens she was most excited to visit with him. They were old memories because she didn't want to ruin the surprise when he saw how much they've flourished since their last joint visit to them.

@Namor McKenzie
Civilians
25 years
5'5
species
Human/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
Student
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ May 20 2018, 05:23 PM
@Aurora Black

Out of everyone in his life, Namor knew that Whalesong worried greatly about him all of the time. Where he had not fathered any children yet, she was as caring a daughter as if she was of his blood. Their connection was one that didn't require biological connections which was why he was willing to share so much with her. It was also why he didn't need to feel guarded around her like he did so many other people. She expected nothing from him but what he was willing to offer and for that, he was willing to give her just about anything. That she was unable to ever be considered having a claim on throne was something he had done simply because it meant getting his people accept her more easily.

Her signing that others were stubborn fools made him smile as he nodded in agreement. Not that he couldn't be stubborn, but he usually had a good reason for sticking to his view on something and it was usually because it was for the good of his people. His smile faded though as he showed him the memories that she did. He knew that there were those that hated his rule and others that wished he only devoted his time to Atlantis. That was something that would never change. He did however, make a note of the faces so he could have a talk with each of them later on.

"There is always what they would consider serious issues. Nothing I can't manage though and as for those grumbling about things ... I shall talk with them and see what their complaints are myself."

Receiving the memories that he recognized as being similar to how he remembered them looking before, he said.

"You are showing me what I have seen already, I imagine they would have grown some by now. We can go see right now if you wish, I made sure I had enough time to spend with you before I have to attend to business of the crown."
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka Whalesong
by George @ Jun 7 2018, 05:37 AM
Whalesong nodded as Namor said he would take care of those complaints. Stopping the complaints before they became too widespread was important, it meant that he wouldn't need to fight someone for his right to the throne. Atlanteans were just as odd to Song as humans were sometimes. Namor was starting relations with the land dwellers to help improve life in the ocean and take care of it, yet they always found something to complain about. They were bitter people who should be happy that they had a leader who could breathe on the surface as much as in the water that he ruled.

Namor's offer to visit the garden with her now brought a smile to her face. Touching the link with the Leviathan, she asked her bond to start the trip there. With the Leviathan's speed and size getting there would be fast. Namor was a fast traveler himself, but Song was a lot slower than the man she considered her father.

It took a minute and the bond showed the coral garden she was looking at. Whalesong signed that they were there, and led the way to the mouth of the beast. Getting out of the mouth, Whalesong looked around the beautiful coral and anemone garden she'd helped grow. Bright colored fish danced in and out of anemone and through coral, hiding at the arrival of humanoids to their paradise.

Signing rapidly, Whalesong filled Namor in on all the action of the garden, the wars the anemone and coral had gone through as they claimed prime spots, the fish she'd helped relocate here from reefs that had been ruined by pollution and how she wanted to expand the garden to make it even bigger. While everyone who visited this coral garden could swim, she'd also devoted time to making a path from unused shelves to give it organization and the look like it was ready for visitors.

Brushing his mind, she also showed him the old woman who'd been helping her take care of it. The old lady was no one special in Atlantis, but she'd been a big help in cultivating the garden, as well as some of the others that Song worked on. Finally she shared a memory of one of her old surface teachers talking about national parks, then pointed at this garden, to make it clear that she was turning this into Atlantis's first national park.

@Namor McKenzie
Civilians
25 years
5'5
species
Human/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
Student
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
aka The Sub-mariner
by Calico Jack @ Jun 10 2018, 03:02 PM
@Aurora Black

Most people, Namor didn't care if they were happy with what he did since everything he did had a reason behind it. Whether or not they agreed or liked it, that was of little concern to him. Some among his people were never happy no matter what he did and he knew they would never be happy until someone that was full-blooded Altantean was on the throne. However, he supposed every ruler had issues where someone opposed their rule and thought they could do better. It was just the nature of the crown and all the things that came with it. Whatever the case, he wasn't worried about that right at this moment. Time with his daughter was something he considered to special to spend to much time worrying about everything else.

The issues he had to deal with weren't going anywhere any time soon. So, as he found her using her large friend to take them out to where the coral gardens were, he smiled once more as he was glad she had Leviathan. The trip was one he could swim quickly himself, but she didn't have the same speed in the water that he did. When they reached their destination, Namor followed her out back into the water as the great beast opened it's mouth to let out. The excitement that she showed was something he nodded at as he looked over her work.

Using hand signals and gestures in return, he said that it all looked impressive and he was glad that she had found someone to aid her in all of it. Yet, it was she showed that her intention was to make the place into something like the parks that the surface had. Moving his hands once more, he signaled that he would find a few others that would give her a hand in that since it would benefit all of Atlantis.
Rogues
103 years
6'4
species
Mutant/Atlantean hybrid
occupation
King of Atlantis
total posts
plotter
tracker
wanted
app
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-Directory RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Academy X Dead Reckoning: Crescent City ideal world The Wall Flawed Genetics Tempest Harbor Infinity Rising GODS AMONG MEN What We Choose Unmade JLUnited Shine Candyland Couture Shadowplay GLITTER & GOLD A War of Kings K-Urban Radioactive Deviants Aeipathy Kingdom of Khandor  Hiraeth Centuries